“Not in town but nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and we were very pleased. Good rates, very friendly helpful staff. Rooms comfortable and clean with pretty much all the amenities you could want in your room.
There are many places to shop and eat in the area.
You are probably about 10 minutes from the square in downtown Santa Fe. They do offer a shuttle during certain hours.
Hotel has a pretty decent free continental breakfast and you can order different egg dishes for a fee.
The also have wine and beer to purchase as well as other food 24 hours a day to purchase.
We would stay at this hotel on future trips.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DougGroveCity
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Santa Fe

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The walls were very thin and carried vibrations too well. Little sounds could be heard from outside the room as if there were no walls at all constantly. My teeth were on edge from being so irritated by the noise that by morning time both myself and my jaw were exhausted from being tightened all night from frustration.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank MikeW_1972
Amy M, Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Mike,

I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than satisfying. Thank you for your comments, and please be assured that we will address this issue. I hope that you will consider another stay with us in the future!

Best regards,

Amy Moriarity

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed on Friday through Sunday night in Santa Fe. It is a very convenient location, close enough to plenty of shopping and restaurants. It is a drive to downtown, but the hotel offers a shuttle. One incredible bit of service was the shuttle! We were told where and when the shuttle would pick us up, but when it was time the shuttle was not there. Things had gotten so busy that they could not spare to send anyone so they sent a cab, paid for by the hotel to take us back!
We had a great rate on our king room, third floor, mountain view- less than $100 a night. Super value, including breakfast each morning.
Our only very minor complaint would be that we had to ask for shampoo and conditioner in day 2, as the supply was not replenished. But after we asked, we were given more than enough for the weekend. The staff was always very nice and helpful.
We make an annual trip to New Mexico and each year we have stayed at Hyatt Place, always before in Albuquerque. We love the room arrangement and size for all the ski gear and three people. Our son sleeps on the pull-out sofa. There is a frig in the rooms. The HP in Santa Fe did not have a bar sink as ABQ did.
My husband and son enjoyed the indoor pool.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank luv2goaggie
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My sister and I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place Santa Fe in November. We arrived earlier than expected and the gentleman at the front desk allowed us to check in early, which was great. We found the hotel to be very clean and well-kept. We didn't try breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Being there on a Wednesday night, it wasn't too busy. The spa and pool are indoors and we had those all to ourselves.

We had a room with two beds and thought the beds were better than we usually experience when we travel, which means pretty soft. As for location, we had a car and were able to drive into the downtown area easily. The hotel is right off of I-25 and easy to locate. There is a Walmart and several stores located along the same street.

If you don't mind being a short drive away from the downtown area, this is a great hotel. For those who like to be close to the sights, it's definitely too far of a walk for most people, and on a busy road. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and stay there if I were to be in Santa Fe again.

Room Tip: Request a "mountain view."
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bdyl2133
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The review would have been a 4 if not due to the issues we encountered days after we checked out.
My family had 2 rooms from 12/17 to 12/21, the stay was fine other than 2 things:
-Wireless internet in the rooms does not work very well
-Bad attitude from an employee that was working the kitchen on 12/19 and screwed up an order (mind you the orders are taken by a computer in great detail about the options/combinations, so the mistake was purely human, Jalapenos on nachos for a 3 year old is a big NO-NO).

Even with those things the stay was fine, the problem really started weeks after.
While checking our credit card statement in January, we noticed a charge of ~$200 from the hotel on 12/27 (6 days after checkout). When we called in we were told that it was a penalty due to smoking in the room, needless to say that NO-ONE in my family smokes and no one smoked in those rooms during our stay. We were told that we had to talk to the manager to resolve the situation. We left SEVERAL voice mails with the manager that were NEVER returned, we waited for weeks, even the person at the frontdesk apologized for their manager not responding but said their hands were tied. Well, the issue is still ongoing, it was most likely an honest mistake that could have been easily solvable by anyone that has a little customer focus, but no, now we have to dispute the charge with the credit card, work with the BBB and share our history with sites like this to just warn everyone that as long as everything is fine, this is a nice propery, but if you have an issue, you are in trouble... it is a shame, we plan to go back to Santa Fe many times as we really enjoyed our time there, but unless something drastic happens with management at this hotel, we are going to be choosing another property.

Room Tip: Do not get the rooms at the ends of hte building (200/202 for example), they are smaller than the ot...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DLeibas

Hello,

I apologize for your experience after you checked out of the hotel. I can certainly understand how frustrating unauthorized charges on your credit card can be. I also apologize that you were not contacted by management about your concerns.

I have done some research into your account and see that the charges on your card were reversed on 1/20/12. If this does not match with your records, please contact me at the hotel, and I will personally look into it further and get to to the bottom of it for you.

There has been a management change at the hotel since your visit, and I would very much like the opportunity to serve you again. I am confident that on your next visit, you will find everything at the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe to be exactly as you would expect.

Best regards,