“scam!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
Copenhagen
“scam!”
Reviewed 1 January 2009

This guy is a total crook - he took more than $200 out of my account without my authorization even though I cancelled our reservation in good time, and even though I've contacted him 15 times by phone and e-mail he never returns my calls. Whatever you do, don't give this guy your credit card details.

• Liked — nice-looking, central place
  • Disliked — they've cheated me for over $200
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Scandinavian_9
casadeltoro, owner at Chapelle Street Casitas, responded to this review, 7 January 2009
Not a scam, an industry standard deposit and cancellation policy. Pretty much every vacation rental and bed and breakfast takes a deposit when you make a reservation. And that is what we did. We explain the deposit and cancellation policy when we make the reservation and follow up with an email.

This person cancelled their reservation about 18 hours before they were to arrive which left us with an empty room on a VERY busy weekend before Christmas. We take most of our reservations weeks in advance and unfortunately were unable to rebook the room.

At this point MOST Inns do not refund the depsit and the story is over. We have what I think is a very fair policy, and the guest now has a credit that can be used for a future stay.

I was on Vacation when most of this happened. As I undertand it this person called and emailed about 5 times a day every day while I was gone.

I have informed them that they have a credit and I hope all is resolved.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We where looking for a place to stay close to the Plaze that wouldn't break our budget in Santa Fe and this little house was perfect. The house was clean and quiet and even though I don't cook on vacation, it was nice to have a full size frig. and little kitchen. We were able to walk to the museums, shops, church's and Plaza and not worry about parking nor feel like it was such a hike that we didn't want to go out again. This was such a nice change from the hotels on our trip which tend to be so boring after awhile. We would return and will recommend the Chappelle St. Casitas.

• Liked — Quiet and convenient to plaza
  • Disliked — Decor is a little boring but it's still OK.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
tx
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Very friendly staff. Very close walking distance to plaza. Great deal for the money. The owners love Santa Fe and it shows.

• Liked — proximity to plaza
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 1 August 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Chapelle Street Casitas for our girl's trip. We both loved it. We stayed in the Chapelle St Unit D. It is on the end of the block of 4 units. When I called to make my reservations, Paul recommended this unit. It was very spacious, had a large bathroom and living area. I only have a few complaints. I slept on the couch bed and it was not very comfortable. It might be OK for children to sleep on, however. I didn't find any extra linens for the couch bed either, but then again I didn't ask for any. I brought my own blanket and pillow, so I was OK. My friend said the bed in the bedroom was comfortable. The kitchen had plenty of plates, cups and untensils although we did not cook while we were there. There was a patio with a table and chair outside of Unit D. It is within walking distance of the plaza which is nice. They don't recommend parking on the street since it is for residents, so the parking lot for this unit was just down the street. We both felt safe in the neighborhood. I will stay here next time I got to Santa Fe. We both loved Paul. He was very personable and funny! As far as price, I don't think you will find a better value in Santa Fe.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 13 July 2008

We are a family of four and recently stayed for a week at the Chapelle Street Casitas (Adelante House). We had a wonderful time! The house is located in a quiet section just a five-minute walk from the Plaza. Paul at the Casa del Toro was very helpful to us in suggesting places to see and things to do. The house was nicely furnished and comfortable. The price was fair enough.

• Liked — convenient, comfortable, adequate parking, fair price
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family