“Wonderful hospitality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tustin, California
“Wonderful hospitality”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I loved my stay at Hacienda Nicholas. The proprietress and inn keepers were welcoming and attentive. My bed was comfortable and the personal space heater was great. I loved the character of the bed and breakfast and everyone was helpful. I was attending a photography workshop and was out of the door before 6:00am. I made a request and my breakfast was packed and ready in the refrigerator. After long days, I also enjoyed the side board filled with snacks, tea and coffee. The location is great, being a few blocks from the plaza keeps it quiet enough to rest at night but close enough to walk for dinner and exploring. I especially appreciated help with planning my days exploring the region around Santa Fe. I plan to stay again very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hollyhock room and it was just perfect for what I needed - a comfortable and quiet r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
winnipeg
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A perfect location to walk everywhere in the historic part of Santa Fe. The Chamise room was wonderful wth a high king bed. Breakfast was supurb- fresh and tasty. Best was the 5pm happy hour in the lounge to meet the other guests and trade travel stories. The hosts were a wonderful part of that experience. We got so much helpful advice on restaurants and other places of interest.

Room Tip: Pick your room carefully as to what kind of experience you want. They are quite different from each...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene L
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Hacienda Nicholas for my birthday. He decided to go one day earlier and the staff accommodated us with a room until our room with fireplace and king size bed was available. Both rooms were cozy and lovely, very Santa Fe. The inns obviously have had excellent attention both for comfort and aesthetics. Native American, New Mexican & Eastern Europe artifacts attract the eye and curiosity. I could sit for hours and just enjoy the surroundings. Location is my favorite part of our stay. Anywhere, I could walk in any direction easily: Canyon Road, downtown, the museums, galleries and oh boy! Shopping for gifts, fun and elegant clothes. The joy of Santa Fe is that it is so rustic and brags history in the now. Dirt roads, no paved huge parking lots - all offer the opportunity to enjoy what Santa Fe is and was: an ancient Native American land; a land of the Spanish conquerors, Pass of the North from Mexico to Santa Fe and New Mexican settlers. Please, don't ask for California or New York modern conveniences. I love the whole feel of the inns as much as I've loved visiting Santa Fe for 50 years. The staff is so generous with their time and directions. They made reservations for us, gave us directions and visited. My husband said that breakfast at the Hacienda Nicholas was the best breakfast in town. I agree. We had a grand time. The only disappointment was that we had to leave early because my husband had altitude sickness and got scared. Yet, he plans to return after a visit to his doctor and reassurance that he was okay. I Love the inns and the Nirvana Spa which is attached to the inns. I would love to spend alone time there and hunker down in my room and read, write and meditate. Our visit was spectacular. The staff, the owner and the inn are the answer to a real Santa Fe atmosphere and visit. I would recommend this to any visitor considering a trip to SF.

Room Tip: The Sunflower room in the patio
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth and much-appreciated review. You certainly related with the heart and soul of Santa Fe, and I truly hope you are able to come back to finish your explorations of the city and surrounding areas.
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed in the Nicholas Suite in mid January. The suite was very nice and decorated in a southwest motif that you see everywhere in Sante Fe. Our suite had a gas fireplace which was really nice and cozy. Breakfast was very yummy every morning and if you have an allergy or special food needs, the staff is very willing to try and accommodate. The staff was very friendly and happily answered all of our "tourist" questions regarding restaurants, directions, entertainment, etc. The only downside is the parking as is the same for all of that area. The parking lot is very small or you can park on the street. We drove my husband's larger truck and it was a little difficult to maneuver in the small areas. I would definitely recommend Hacienda Nicholas if you want a little more low-key homy atmosphere instead of a typical hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank dmitchell64
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for a long weekend. We had visited here several years ago and also stayed at the Madeleine next door. We have yet to have a disappointing stay. Merrilee is a warm, wonderful Innkeeper who bent over backwards to make sure we felt comfortable. Her suggestions for dining were perfect as were her excursion suggestions. I love the Nicholas and it's great atmosphere. The group of folks we shared breakfast with in the beautiful great room were friendly and the food was excellent. The rooms were spotless and we especially liked how the owners strive for 'Green Living'.
What I was really happy about was the effort that was made to insure we were able to eat breakfast with our dietary restrictions. Thanks for helping make my birthday weekend perfect!!

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic. We have never been in a room that was anything less than charming.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple