“Could be updated & has good breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Santa Fe

Super 8 Santa Fe
Ranked #49 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Could be updated & has good breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here as part of an organised trip in January 2012 for one night.

The hotel floors are split level and on check-in, I was given a room on the ground floor (first floor if you're American). It had two double beds - the decor and furniture in the room are a bit dated but everything worked and was in a good condition - there was a wardrobe, table and chairs, large (non-flat screen) tv and the beds were okay. The bathroom's on the small side but functional enough, with a shower over the bath which had enough pressure and hot water.

The lobby had enough table and chairs for breakfast, with vending machines too. Breakfast the usual Super 8 standard: bagels, Danish pastries, toast, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled egg and burgers, plus juices and tea and coffee. We headed up to a Mexican restaurant near the Wendy's (just across the street) for dinner which was good. The hotel WiFi was pretty quick and had good signal throughout.

Overall, this is a good place to stay, it's just a bit dated and could do with updating, even by Super 8 standards, but everything worked and I'd recommend it for a short stay if you can get a good price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheLush101
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Belmont, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed at the Super 8 this past weekend and really liked it. We usually stay at Super 8s to save money, but this hotel was really as good as any three star hotel we have stayed at. In fact, we had just left the Hyatt in Albuquerque and liked this hotel better. The room was simple and clean. It had a nice southwest decor. The breakfast was good for this caliber hotel, we just wished they extended the hours to 10am instead of closing it at 9am. There was free Wi-Fi in the rooms. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Louise N
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 Santa Fe on Cerrillos Road last weekend. I chose it because it was a good price. Good price apparently comes at a different kind of cost, poor sleep! The mattresses are very old and worn out. I pulled up the sheets to find the date of my mattress and found it to be 10 years old. I don't don't what the replacement standard is in the hotel industry, but I have a feeling it's not 10 years!

Also, the parking lot is not lit up at night. There are at least 3 tall lights that are either broken or they don't bother to light them. I didn't like having my car out there and also didn't like walking in the dark. I am surprised that lighting would be neglected because I imagine if someone were hurt or assaulted, this condition could be used against the property.

I must also mention that the smoke detector was broken. Photo attached. Safety is clearly not important to this property.

I had stayed at this property in 1997 and at that time it was very crisp and comfortable. The minute I entered the building this time, there was such an obvious worn and tired air about the place. I was disappointed and will not stay there again.

I will say the place was clean.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Travelsgirl93

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The property has gone downhill since my last stay in 2010. The bedspreads were covered with cigarette burn holes (in a non-smoking room!), and there was also a taped together clock, TV with broken volume, and a busted bathroom door. The room I moved to was better, but this is a property that has seen better days. I doubt that I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank traveler1111
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

This was my first trip to Sante Fe and it won me over. I can now see what all the hype is about; what a fun, historic, unbelievably cool city this is. I only had a day here and had to be in Nebraska the next evening but I wished that I had a week to explore this city and area.

In my on-going attempt to save my clients money on my expenses, I read the reviews of this Super 8 and booked a room for the evening. It was great and worked out perfectly for my short stay. The room was uber-clean and well-stocked with nice towels and toiletries. The bed was excellent as all of the Super 8 mattresses have been for me the last year. They must be changing them all out system-wide and it's a very welcome change. It was as comfortable as almost any bed I've slept in. The breakfast was clean and was loaded with breads, cereals and oatmeal and some fruit, etc. I'm a big fan of protein in the morning so I made a quick trip to a nearby Starbucks for my usual spinach-feta wrap. There are a lot of places to eat and shop nearby this hotel.

The hotel itself isn't in the "downtown" area of Sante Fe but it's a quick drive or bike there to walk around and enjoy this outstanding city. A return trip is an absolute must for me and hopefully my wife can be with me on my next trip here. I/we will be staying at the Super 8, it's a great hotel for a great price. That's a combo that can't be beat.

Room Tip: I always ask for a top floor room in wood-framed hotels like this one. It helps on sound transmissi...