My husband, 13-year old son, and I fled the heat in Texas for a weekend in Santa Fe at this resort. We had never before visted Santa Fe. This resort is beautiful and very well thought out. It is outside town in an area that is undeveloped and the resort is surrounded by hilly, brushy areas. There are banks of casitas--some 1 story, others 2-story. The ground floor ones all have walk out porches with fences that make them totally secluded. The units with two queen beds were sold out when we checked. However, our casita was quite large--large enough for us to put the roll away bed either in the bathroom, or in the hall that held the closet. The spa is beautiful, serene, and the workers were professional. The resort has cars that take guests to town and returns to pick you up. In the meantime, there is large reception area downtown with a concierge where you can wait for the car, drop purchases, make reservations.
The reason I am giving the resort a 4 is because of the transition issues arising from the change in management company from Auberge to Four Seasons. The transition occurred July 1 and we visited less than 30 days after. It appeared that some of the behind the scenes positions had lost staff. When I visited the pool in the late evening, there were used glasses and dirty towels. The kitchen staff also seemed to be having issues with getting the whole breakfast out in a timely fashion. Everyone we dealt with was very professional. And, they appeared to be clear sighted about what needs to be done. Therefore, I have no doubt they will address these problems in a timely fashion. We plan to return to this resort the next time we go to Santa Fe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe