My boyfriend and I stayed in the tree house for a weekend in mid-October. We arrived later than anticipated, due to ferry delays, but we contacted the front desk and they were so kind to turn on the heat and leave the lights on for us. It was our first time in San Juan Island and definitely left a good first impression. The tree house was very spacious and cozy. It's fully furnished with a queen size bed, a pull out futon, a kitchenette with all the necessities, dining table, tv, a full bathroom with towels, basic toiletries and a Jacuzzi tub! And waking up to the view of beautiful Mitchell Bay was icing on the cake.
Snug Harbor Resort is approximately a 15 minute drive from Friday Harbor, where we spent most of our day. It rained most of the time we were there so we couldn't take advantage of outdoor activities, but that was expected. Snug Harbor would be perfect for a summer trip and a great alternative to pricey hotels/resorts in Friday Harbor!
- There is no overhead shower, just the handheld attachment.
- Poor WiFi connection (but this shouldn't be a big deal in the summer where you can spend most of your time outdoors)
- Noises (only because I'm a light sleeper): The house creaks a lot and the heater makes noises, if you leave the heater on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our 17 cabins and three suites are spacious with beautiful interiors, expansive glass, vaulted ceilings, full kitchens, and uninterrupted, stunning views. Snug Harbor's incredible setting is unparalleled on San Juan Island. Arriving by boat is always an option, since we have our own private marina. We are perfectly located for adventures throughout the islands. Once you arrive and explore the resort, you will discover the unique features, comforts, and amenities provided to each of our guests. We strive to make each guest's visit amazing and memorable. We offer four paddle boards, two kayaks, canoes and bikes for the complimentary use by our guests. Our own Mitchell Bay Coffee is open daily offering an array of coffee beverages, local pastries, waffles, soups, and more. And if you are looking for somewhere to host an event, our new events room with seating for up to 50 is now available. When you come to Snug Harbor be ready to detach a little. This is an ideal place to unwind and relax (while we have free wi-fi throughout the property and great cell phone reception, there are no phones in the cabins). Allow the peace and serenity on Mitchell Bay overtake you. We believe our guests have said it best. One recent Trip Advisor review stated "This place is truly paradise" and our favorite Facebook post simply stated "The cabins are epic". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Snug Harbor Marina Hotel Friday Harbor
- Snug Harbor Resort & Marina Friday Harbor, WA - San Juan Island