3,089 results
All reviews menger bar teddy roosevelt colonial room mango ice cream ghost tour colonial restaurant historical hotel the river walk rocking chairs lots of history alamo plaza rooms are small valet parking the location is perfect convention center water pressure two blocks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Merger hotel is charming, old fashioned and in need of some updating. There was not a safe in the room, which I frequently use when traveling. So if I was more long term for my visit , I would have appreciated this. The pub in house was great! Although acoustics was loud. Food was excellent as was the service. We were there during the final 4, not realizing the date. But this did not deter our walk on the river walk or any other activities . Enjoyed the courtyard, pool area and early breakfast in the dining room , all charming and staff was attentive.

Room Tip: Updating needed in bathroom,need towel rack and place to store personal items , ie: shelving.as well as updating of tile and shower area. Also the bed was soft , I know this is personal to each person,but the bed was too soft and the pillow could have been down for more comfort. Although I slept ok was a bit sore in my neck in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ocean2653
Wally H, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for the excellent score. Our Historic 1887 Menger Bar is a replica of the House of Lords Pub in London, hence the dark cherry wood and it was in this bar that Teddy Roosevelt recruited his volunteer Rough Riders.
We are happy you enjoyed it!
Enjoy your day and please visit again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the location of the historic hotel and the friendly service. However, a few comforts were less than ideal....bedding, fresh bottled water, and a better coffee maker. Walls were fairly thin but didn’t bother me but could be an issue for a finicky traveler.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning and thank you for completing our review. You should have had two bottled waters as we leave water in every room, our coffee makers are new so thank you for letting me know your thoughts about it.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel staff were professional and engaged with the staff. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and well maintained. The location was perfect near the river walk and across the street from the Alamo

1  Thank dbuckley2018
Wally H, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I see you were here on business and we hope to have you back for some rest and relaxation. Thank you for the excellent score and review. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed at this historic hotel for business. Everything was amazing! The customer service was excellent! The food was exceptional and the overall decor was beautiful. Nice comfortable beds. The location downtown was perfect. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank 128danettep

Thank you for the excellent review and score. We appreciate the recommendations and hope you come back for another visit to our Historical Menger Hotel and San Antonio.
Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I understand that this is a historical building but the walls are paper thin & the toilets aren’t meant for anyone over 100lbs. I had the pleasure of hearing the entire conversation of the lady next to me every morning from 6:00-8:00 am. I would have given better reviews but as I was getting ready to check out, I saw the cleaning crew setting clean towels on the hallway floor before taking them into rooms! They had a rolling cart right next to them and thought it would be a good decision to put them on the floor.

Room Tip: Don’t put clean towels on the floors!
1  Thank liz12262018