DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Goldthwaite, Texas
“Just ok!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Got the room thru Name your own Price, so can't gripe about the price. Had a handicapped room which was big, but no counter top space in the bathroom and the shower head did not stay up on the pole. Also, the floor is very slippery! WiFi is 5.35 in your room but free in the lobby! No continental breakfast but free coffee. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Cathy Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. I will definitely follow up with our maintanence staff about the shower head in the room. If you were a Hilton honors member and made your reservation through our .com site you would have been qualified for complimentary WiFi in your guest room and we do have rates that include breakfast. Unfortunately, we are a full-servce hotel and have to charge for breakfast in order to staff properly.

Julie Robey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The check in process was horrible. The person that checked me in was the "front desk supervisor." If she is the top of the front desk food chain there's a problem. The check in took forever, the two ladies were disorganized, and unprofessional. They could not log on to the computer, then both of them had to help someone who had already checked in. Then I found out they have closed the executive lounge (one of the few things that was actually good) Instead I got two drink coupons.
I stood in the empty lounge for 5 minutes when a very UNPROFESSIONAL gal came in. The tatoo across her neck instantly jaded my impression. The people that work here are not friendly in the least. I just came from a limited service that was better than this. I can overlook the dated property/rooms for a one night stay, but when you pour on the aforementioned it is not worth it. I won't go into the gangster types running around the lobby. I am very surprised that Hilton lets this place keep the Double Tree flag. It is a cross between a Super 8 and Run Down 1950 Holiday Inn. I'm done with this hotel.

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cathy Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced recently at the hotel. By your response it appears that we did do anything right. I am somewhat new to this property, but you can be guaranteed that we are working on improving our service and along with that increasing the professionism of the associates. Hopefully you will give us one more chance! Please call the hotel and ask to speak with me so I can help make your next stay a more enjoyable one.

- Julie Robey
USA
Reviewed 19 April 2012

After a week visiting the San Antonio area for work, I spent my last night at the Doubletree Hotel near the Airport and slept like a baby. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable and there is nothing like a chocolate chip cookie before bed! This is not a luxury hotel but it is clean, comfortable, safe and offers a spot for a bite to eat or a nightcap. Good value near the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PankeyJM
Copley, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2012

the room was nice enough. It appeared to be clean and the bed was comfortable. I did not care for the door because it was the type that they could not leave my bill at so I had to waste a few minutes at the front desk checking out. The girl that checked me in could use a refresher in professionalism. With myself and the guest in front of me in line, a little short and not the demeanor I have come to expect from Hilton. When I come back to San Antonio, I would probably try to find another place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cathy Y, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at DoubleTree by HiltonTM San Antonio Airport. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in San Antonio you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
houston tx
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Although I was slightly nervous approaching the property from outside, once I hit the doors, was immediately taken aback by the cuteness of the hotel from inside. Kind of reminds me of an old embassy suites, with the mexican tile and decor inside, and the big atrium in the center. Rooms were clean, updated, what more to ask for? Only thing I will say, don't ask the hotel for food recommendations. Make sure to find your own. So much local food, and they give you a canned sheet with franchises that you can get anywhere in the country. Experience San Antonio, from the dive to the fancy, tons of GREAT alternatives, really, who wants TGIFridays after a long travel? Close to airport, great location, parking was ample. Although it was on the highway, I never was bothered by any noise.