Me, my husband and a friend of ours stayed at this hotel in April 2012. Our horrible experience began as soon as we entered the city and tried to call the hotel for directions. The manager Barbara, explained the location once and when my husband asked for clarification she sighed with irritation and went into a frustrated tone over the phone. Confused, he told her we were in a new city and she shouldn't be frustrated with us we were simply hoping she could help us find our way. We finally found our way there (with no help from her) and arrived to find a fifteen minute line to even check in. Once we got into our room we found that the fan which connected the second bedroom to the a.c. didn't even work and not one, but BOTH phones in the room did not work. On the second day of our stay we came home in the evening to find that our room was not clean, not a single item of obvious trash was picked up, and that we had only been left 2 towels despite the fact that we had 3 guests in our room. We made due and figured the next day should be different. Once again though, upon returning only one of our two beds were made and this time we were left with no towels at all. We would have loved to call the front desk to request towels, but of course our phone didn't even have a dial tone. My husband and I walked down to complain and were greeted by the worst staff member of all, Danielle. We went down and let her know that we had been having some issues with our stay but she immediately became passive agressive. She stopped looking at us, looked down at her papers and said "like what?" We notified her of our issues to which she replied, "well I guess I can get you some towels." When asked about the phone her response was equally apathetic as she said, "I don't know what to tell you about that our maintenance guy isn't around." We also mentioned the fact that nothing was clean to which she said, "Well if there is stuff on your bed we won't touch anything." A fact which we were never told of before but still didn't explain why things like candy wrappers wouldn't be thrown away. After trying to be nice about the issues, I finally told her that I felt like the service at the hotel was very poor and I was surprised because it didn't seem to be an issue to her. As she looked at me confused, I reminded her that she hadn't offered any help to our situation and that she hadn't even offered an apology for the problems. She continued to say that it wasn't her problem that there weren't towels, she didn't have any. She then stopped listening to me to answer a phone call without even excusing herself. At this point, we knew it was pointless and just insisted that she bring us our towels so we could shower that night. Danielle never apologized, and we were stuck with the worst hotel experience we've all ever had. We chose the hotel thanks to a decent rating on this site, but don't make the same mistake! Avoid this place like the plague!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off Interstate 35, Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio International Airport and near downtown Riverwalk. San Antonio provides easy access to countless points of interest and popular Texas attractions. We also provide plenty of on-site entertainment such as a lounge, outdoor pool and hot tub, picnic area with barbecue grill,laptop,PS3 and DVD rentals.After enjoying your new comforter and pillow in your spacious room featuring 32 inch flat LCD TV's, Newly Desinged Rooms, FREE Wi-Fi,FREE Rise & Dine HOT breakfast,FREE Business Center, FREE Local calls. Business guests will appreciate our meeting space with fax and copy services. On site Snack Bar store and ATM.We offer non-smoking rooms and limited room service. Upgrade to a suite for added space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio Near at&T Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson San Antonio
- San Antonio Howard Johnson