4,509 results
All reviews the river shared balcony las canarias restaurant french doors ostra beautiful hotel turn down service valet parking riverwalk view balcony room the san antonio riverwalk valet service fitness center per day concierge alamo balconies
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a lovely old building with a lot of history right on the river. We stayed in a river view room with private balcony on the first floor. We were a level above the actual Riverwalk and had some lush plants outside so I didn’t feel that everyone could see me from the balcony. The room is quite large with a nice chair, ottoman and loveseat that I think makes into a bed. There are exposed beams on the ceiling and one wall is exposed brick so it has a lot of character, but is a little dark for my taste. Beautiful pool area, but it was out of service. Luckily we could use the rooftop pool and hot tub at the Mokara right across the bridge (lovely hotel!). The bed could’ve been more comfortable and so could the balcony chairs.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
LMDR-M, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear backtotheislands:

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy to serve you and are delighted to know that your enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This IS an historic hotel in downtown San Antonio; however, our room was clean and neat. If older furniture bothers you, then don't stay here, but it was a great experience for me and my adult daughter! The beds AND pillows were very comfortable and we are both very picky! The front desk staff was courteous and helped us get the room we preferred as they had available rooms.

We did not valet park, but parking across the street in the parking garage was easy and very convenient. There is also no free wifi in the rooms, but when we needed to do a little bit of work related things we simply used the free wifi in the lobby and found a nice comfortable chair to sit in.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony that overlooked the river walk
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family

Dear maravs6:

Thank you for your feedback and positive review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing great customer service and making our guests feel welcome and at home! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Omni La Mansion del Rio is an excellent hotel. It is conveniently located along the River Walk in San Antonio. The architecture of the building is amazing. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the personnel were amazingly friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I expect curteous service, clean rooms and quality from Omni. That is not what I found at this property.
Musty smell and apparently old dust furnishings and carpet made my asthma a problem all night. The very outdated spring deadbolt on door was broken. Switchplate in bathroom area black with dirt. Front desk staff rude. Valet parking more expensive than Downtown Dallas Omni, carpet dirty, vanity top in bath cracked and poorly caulked... I could go on and on. I felt like I was at motel 6.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there is a good room
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron K

Dear Ron K:

Thank you for your honest appraisal of your recent stay. Although we are an historic establishment, we nevertheless aim to exceed our guests' expectations. I deeply regret that we failed to do so this time. We hope you will afford us a future opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Reception and staff friendly

Older property 1968, I am told the whole property is scheduled for a renovation to be completed in 2 years. Beware of contruction.

Do not accept room facing church bell tower. It is loud and rings often.

Rooms a bit staid, but acceptable

Had nice dinner outdoors at restaurant, Las Canarinas, overlooking Riverwalk.

Very comfortable bed, lots of good pillows.

Bathroom needs renovation. Single sink; no stall shower, just bath/shower; no shower sliding glass door, just curtain, plenty of hot water, plenty of towels.

Digital age placement of outlets retrofitted. Not great, but not bad.

Easy to use AC/heat

Adequate room size, in-room safe,

Dark room, insufficient natural light and not enough light fixtures, we took lamp shades off.

Location great for Riverwalk.

Our Texas friends used parking garage across street for $10 per day.

All in all a nice, albeit not awesome, place to stay. Look forward to reconstruction.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Machgumd:

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing great customer service and making our guests feel welcome and at home! We look forward to your return.