4,515 results
All reviews the river shared balcony las canarias restaurant french doors ostra beautiful hotel turn down service valet parking riverwalk view balcony room the san antonio riverwalk valet service fitness center per day concierge alamo balconies
Reviewed 8 November 2018

This IS an historic hotel in downtown San Antonio; however, our room was clean and neat. If older furniture bothers you, then don't stay here, but it was a great experience for me and my adult daughter! The beds AND pillows were very comfortable and we are both very picky! The front desk staff was courteous and helped us get the room we preferred as they had available rooms.

We did not valet park, but parking across the street in the parking garage was easy and very convenient. There is also no free wifi in the rooms, but when we needed to do a little bit of work related things we simply used the free wifi in the lobby and found a nice comfortable chair to sit in.

Room tip: Our room had a balcony that overlooked the river walk
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LMDR-M, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear maravs6:

Thank you for your feedback and positive review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing great customer service and making our guests feel welcome and at home! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Omni La Mansion del Rio is an excellent hotel. It is conveniently located along the River Walk in San Antonio. The architecture of the building is amazing. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the personnel were amazingly friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I expect curteous service, clean rooms and quality from Omni. That is not what I found at this property.
Musty smell and apparently old dust furnishings and carpet made my asthma a problem all night. The very outdated spring deadbolt on door was broken. Switchplate in bathroom area black with dirt. Front desk staff rude. Valet parking more expensive than Downtown Dallas Omni, carpet dirty, vanity top in bath cracked and poorly caulked... I could go on and on. I felt like I was at motel 6.

Room tip: Can't imagine there is a good room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ron K

Dear Ron K:

Thank you for your honest appraisal of your recent stay. Although we are an historic establishment, we nevertheless aim to exceed our guests' expectations. I deeply regret that we failed to do so this time. We hope you will afford us a future opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Reception and staff friendly

Older property 1968, I am told the whole property is scheduled for a renovation to be completed in 2 years. Beware of contruction.

Do not accept room facing church bell tower. It is loud and rings often.

Rooms a bit staid, but acceptable

Had nice dinner outdoors at restaurant, Las Canarinas, overlooking Riverwalk.

Very comfortable bed, lots of good pillows.

Bathroom needs renovation. Single sink; no stall shower, just bath/shower; no shower sliding glass door, just curtain, plenty of hot water, plenty of towels.

Digital age placement of outlets retrofitted. Not great, but not bad.

Easy to use AC/heat

Adequate room size, in-room safe,

Dark room, insufficient natural light and not enough light fixtures, we took lamp shades off.

Location great for Riverwalk.

Our Texas friends used parking garage across street for $10 per day.

All in all a nice, albeit not awesome, place to stay. Look forward to reconstruction.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Machgumd:

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing great customer service and making our guests feel welcome and at home! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

I enjoyed staying at this historical treasure on the river walk. From check-in to check-out, the hospitality level was outstanding! This northern lady was treated like family. My room was on the top floor facing the pool courtyard. I had a tiny private balcony and enjoyed having the door open to enjoy fresh air and the half-hour bells from the local church. The atmosphere in the clean and well appointed room was peaceful, calm and quiet in the evening, after a long day of travel and business activities. The location is ideal to the river walk and all the finest restaurants, bars, and shops. The sister hotel across the river has a great little riverfront restaurant, Ostra, for soup and salad. The complimentary morning tea delivered to my door was perfect - must sign up to join their select club for this perk. I will always stay here when visiting the area and will definitely consider Omni brand on future trips.

Room tip: High floor, away from elevator was very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
LMDR-M, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Snowbee2:

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind remarks regarding the level of service and accommodation you received while you were our guest. Our location and rich history are definitely highlights of our hotel that we are very proud of. We are fortunate to have a property in the heart of San Antonio’s River Walk that brings our guests just a few steps away from must-see attractions. We hope to see you again soon.