“Good Loaction and Value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport
Ranked #35 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Tucker, Georgia
“Good Loaction and Value”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Client's office is in walking distance of this hotel. Good value, great breakfast, and nice manager's reception. Only negative is that the bathroom of my "non-smoking" room reeked of a previous heavy smoker. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
We appreciate your feedback and are taking some additional measures regarding when a guest suite smells of smoke.

Keith Harward
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Crested Butte, Colorado
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel has all what you may expect at an Embassy Suites - big atrium, breakfast, free drinks etc - but - its literally built in a major expressway so noise is an issue - also - it seems to be 40 years old.... Ok place right next to the airport.

• Stayed January 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. The hotel was built in 1985 and has recently gone thru a renovation in 2007. We are gathering information for future renovations and will utilize your feedback for this.

Texas
Reviewed 24 December 2011

The staff was friendly, buffet was elaborate and suite rates were reasonable. Overall a pleasant experience at Embassy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your next visit.

Athens, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I had a pretty darn good stay last weekend at this property. They let me check in early, breakfast was above average for an Embassy. Of course these are great places to bring the family with the 2 room suite setup and vast breakfast array. About the only 2 glitches were housekeeping (came back at 4PM and room not made yet - they showed at 4:30) and some external renovation that cut off the play area. The latter was probably a one time thing and its notable that they have a playground at all. All this and I got a rate under $100 a night - great deal!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are looking into the late cleaning process for our hotel to ensure all our guests needs are met with regards to the cleaning of their suite. The external renovation was a one time project to reseal and strip our parking lot. Look forward to your return visit to our hotel!

Alabama
Reviewed 16 December 2011

As I read the reviews written by other recent visitors, I wonder why I can't feel as positive. I'm Hilton Honors Gold and stay exclusively at Hilton properties when I travel, which is often. However I must say that my visit to this hotel Dec 6-10 was not stellar. While the check-in process was very efficient and pleasant, when I got to my room it took only one sniff to determine that it reeked of cigarette smoke. I didn't even take my bags in the room, but called the desk from the room. The clerk insisted that (1) it was a non-smoking room, and (2) there were no other rooms available. You can call it anything you want, but it still reeked of cigarette smoke. When I told her I would be checking out if she couldn't find a true non-smoking room, she relocated me to the "Honors" rooms on the 9th floor. Wonder why I could not have been assigned there in the first place? I hate it when a desk clerk fights with me. The second room, however, was satisfactory, with microwave, small fridge, 2 rooms, 2 tvs, etc. Furniture and furnishing were in good repair.
Breakfast was good - made to order eggs, breakfast sides, fruit, bread/bagles, etc, and nicely presented. The manager's reception in the evening was heavy on the booze and very light on the snacks - goldfish, pretzles, popcorn.
Parking was convenient, safe, and free. My only other big gripe is that there was no coffee available in the evening, no tea, no hot beverages of any sort after the managers reception was over.
I have always put Embassy up there at the top, but my last 2 stays have paled in comparison to Homewood Suites. I will be more inclined to stay at the Homewood Suites in the future.

Room Tip: If you really need a non-smoking room, call ahead to confirm that is what you have been given. It s...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JeanC_9
We are sorry that your initial suite smelled on smoke and that you were not correctly put in a Hilton Honors Gold suite from the beginning. We are in the process of identify a better solution to our suites with regards to smelling smokey and will utilize your feeback to improve our our checkin process. Great ideas regarding Manager's Reception that we will implement!