“Excellent Food, Great Service”
Review of Las Ramblas

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro
Description: Inspired by local flavors and imagined with Texas flare. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Patio seating on the Riverwalk is available upon request.
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We visited for both lunch and dinner due to attending an educational seminar being held in the hotel. The food was fresh and very well prepared and the portions were generous. The fried green tomato sandwich was very good and the portobello mushroom fries were crispy and seasoned well. The salads were fresh with more interesting ingredients than most others. The sweet potato gnocchi included a creamy sauce with sauteed wild mushrooms. The food is definitely enjoyable! We found the service to attentive and responsive. We really enjoyed sitting out by the riverwalk and spent two and a half hours over dinner.

BHIGeneralManager, Executive Chef at Las Ramblas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I'm grateful to hear how terrific your overall dining experience went with us. I completely agree with what you have to say about the ingredients in most of our meals. They are beyond what you will find elsewhere. My team and I take great pride in coming up with authentic, savory recipes that are unforgettable. In addition, I'm happy that our waitstaff was on point and providing tremendous service. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great atmosphere with excellent food choices and live entertainment. You can’t ask for anything else from this place.

BHIGeneralManager, Executive Chef at Las Ramblas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your kind words and terrific feedback! We hope to welcome you back again very soon for another stunning dining experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came to San Antonio to enjoy our 37 year anniversary. Stopped by to enjoy a glass of wine on the patio. There was no greeter outside so we went inside and were told by a waiter to see the greeter inside. She told us to seat ourselves and she would send out a server. We waited outside for at least 15 minutes and nobody ever came. I went inside to the bar where there were at least 2 bartenders and a number of waitresses. I stood at the bar with my credit card in my hand intending to just order 2 glasses of wine and pay. NOBODY EVER SAID A WORD TO ME AS I STOOD AT THE BAR FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES! Sorry, but I’ll never know anything else about this place because I will never be back!

BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Las Ramblas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to our restaurant. I'm greatly disappointed to hear about the experience you described and wish your encounters with our staff would have gone differently. I can assure you that efficient service is a top priority for us and that my team takes great pride is going above and beyond for all our customers. Your review has been discussed with my staff and the proper actions will take place. Thank you again for your patience and we appreciate your frustrations.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We had the distinct pleasure of enjoying an amazing breakfast at Las Ramblas... I want to go back for another stay just to see if the dinners are as amazing....

I had the avocado toast (OMG) and my husband had some delicious light and fluffy pancakes.. orange juice taste fresh squeezed and coffee was nice..

Service was awesome.. Something happened with our order being a tad slower then they expected and they brought us some pastries to the table... we did not think service was slow at all but really appreciated the waitress being proactive....

Highly recommend both the “suite” hotel and all of the amazing amenities like this restaurant... Def top notch on our list..

BHIGeneralManager, Executive Chef at Las Ramblas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit, Pattie! I'm so grateful to hear how amazing our breakfast was and that my staff went above and beyond to ensure you had a pleasant dining experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to check out dinner very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed breakfast at Las Ramblas inside the Contessa Hotel. It may be a tad pricey but everything on the river is and the food and service made our visit well worth the price. We kept it simple and went for the breakfast buffet. I usually pass on buffets because they often appear to be a wreck but this buffet was well attended to with fresh and delicious foods. My wife is a real stickler about cleanliness but the buffet at Las Rambles passed her inspection and we dug in. I really enjoyed the omelette bar and we each had an omelette made with our choice of the many fresh ingredients available. I admired how the omelette chef could balance so many orders at once and appear unstressed, friendly and eager to please. And our server George was terrific. He presented the menu to us while making suggestions and told us about the buffet as well. He answered a few questions from my wife expertly and was attentive, friendly and easy going throughout our visit. I marvel at how restaurant staff can be so busy and still maintain such a gracious composure at the same time. My hats off to George and all like him who an juggle so many tables and still make us feel like his efforts and attention are ours alone. George was fantastic-as was the omelette chef- and we really enjoyed our meal. Thanks:)

BHIGeneralManager, Executive Chef at Las Ramblas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your candid feedback. It sounds like you and wife are breakfast experts, I'm extremely grateful that you chose our restaurant out of all on the Riverwalk to dine-in for the morning. Your kind words about our omelet chef are greatly appreciated. He, along with many of our chefs, make multitasking looks effortless! While I'm not surprised that George made a huge impact on your experience, I'm grateful he took care of you. George was just announced as our June employee of the month and stunning reviews like this prove what a great part of our team he is! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back for more breakfast dates soon!

Executive Chef

Been to Las Ramblas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK