“Really enjoyed everything about this eatery ”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #21 of 4,938 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Uptown Loop
Description: Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is an authentic Neapolitan Pizzeria featuring two ovens that cook your pizza at 900 degrees + in 90 seconds! We make our own fresh Mozzarella daily. We source as many of our products as possible from local farmers and import most items from Italy. We offer patio seating, inside seating and seating around our pizza bar and wine bar. Our coffee, Kimbo Coffee, is imported from Naples, Italy. We offer an all-Italian wine list and craft beers. Our menu changes seasonally to make sure we are offering the freshest, in season products as possible. Dough Pizzeria Napoletana San Antonio is located less than 10 mins. from the San Antonio International Airport-convenient for both business/pleasure travelers. We are also located in Plano, Texas and are working on our newest location, in Downtown/Southtown area of San Antonio, in Hemisfair Park by the Convention Center-due to open in April 2018! We seat on a walk-in basis only. Call for delivery/take-out information.
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

In town for a night and day of business and found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. I am not a fan of chain restaurants and this location is the total opposite. Unique, friendly, delicious, and just thoroughly enjoyable. Tried the antipasto appetizer and one of cotto and house sausage pizzas. Hand tossed crust was light and crispy so didn’t fill up with dough. Flavors were unique in their combination and can’t beat that. And service from Mark was equally good. Enjoy this place.

Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for mentioning Mark as being part of your overall positive experience at Dough! We will make sure that we share your message with him.

We will soon have three locations of Dough (opening in downtown San Antonio in February 2018!) and it is very important to us to make sure that while each location will share most of the same menu items, that we are careful to make each location unique in decor and that we offer local favorites. We are thankful that you described Dough as "unique" "friendly" and "delicious!" See you soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

There are many pizza places in town. This one doesn’t stand out for me. I was very put off by the constant attempts to “upsell” me. It started with the water (do you want to purchase sparkling water?) and never stopped. The pizza was ok, they offer different toppings than most places. My pizza was burned on half but my friend’s pizza turned out good. The appetizers are delicious, especially if you love cheese. They are worth it. If you wanting just plan old fashioned pizza that tastes great, go somewhere else. If you want fancy pizza with someone trying to sell you more, this is the place.

Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

We appreciate all your feedback! We do encourage our staff to talk about the menu and not just go up to the table and say: "Are you ready to order?" Many of the items we serve are from Italy and some items change seasonally, so we want to make sure the guests are familiar with everything and encourage our staff to offer suggestions. They also need to let the guests know that we offer regular ice water and sparkling water, as some people prefer sparkling over still water. Our intentions are to make sure the staff does the best they can to make the guests feel welcomed and well taken care of. We definitely do not want our guests to feel like they are listening to a "sales pitch." We will discuss your comments with our staff to make sure they are understand this. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

While visiting San Antonio, I insisted we try Dough. I learned about this cool little strip mall restaurant via Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. The antipasto platter was so good. The quality of the cheeses and meats was amazing. We ordered two different pizzas and a nice Italian wine and I honestly felt like I had died and gone to pizza heaven. The only place I have had better pizza was in Florence. We finished the meal with tiramisu which was delicious. I don't visit San Antonio that frequently, but Dough has earned a spot on my list of 'must eat' locations when visiting. Hats off to the chef and keep it up!

Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

We wish you lived closer! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I will make sure to let the Chefs know!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Our group of 8 enjoyed a fantastic weeknight meal - all of us savored the perfectly-seasoned and delightfully scorched crust on our pizzas. Topping combinations (including house-made spicy sausage) were fabulous. The only drawback was the dessert menu - too “fancified” for a pizza joint (no matter how upscale). Fortunately, none of us had room left for dessert anyway!

Thanks for your feedback about Dough! I am glad you enjoyed the pizza! The dessert list...my fault. I have a huge sweet tooth and insisted to my husband that we make each and every dessert in house. Do you have any suggestions of what type of dessert you would like to see us serve at Dough? I am always looking at new dessert ideas! Also, do you still live in Hawaii?! Our favorite place in the world!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I had the small margherita pizza. My wife had the carbonaro. We also had a bruschetta. The bruschetta was tasty. The pizza was "okay" but not up to what the price is. Seriously, I've had better at Papa Johns. My wife's pizza was actually burnt (the waiter said that was normal). I don't feel good about paying almost $20 for a "burnt" single size pizza!!! We had the polenta cake and the tiramisu for dessert. They were both awesome!
For the price, I expect a lot more than what is offered.
I also had A BIG issue other than the food. The 3 tables next to us were occupied by a big party. After they left, the person bussing the table used what appeared to be a dry (cloth) napkin to clean the tables (no sanitizer?) ... After the second table, the busser dropped the napkin on the floor, then picked it up off the floor and continued wiping off the table. GROSS!

Lori H, Owner at Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We appreciate your review about your recent experience at Dough Would you please give me additional information as to when you were there-time/date and where you were sitting in the restaurant. We will be addressing your comments about the bussing of the tables with not only our bussers; but, our entire staff as well. That is not the proper way to clean the tables and we will remind everyone what is the proper procedure immediately. Thank you!