2,981 results
All reviewsbank buildingrooftop poolfree drinksalamo national bankhot dogsnachosthe river walkbasement levelstained glasschicken fingerslight showbaked potatomixed drinksfree happy hourbreakfast and happy hourvalet parkingdirect access
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. Was impressed by the customer service all the way around. Annelle, the bartender, especially treated us warmly and with kindness. Room is nice and happy hour is perfect. Will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I think this hotel gets high ratings for its free breakfast (average to poor) and free drinks/food (no better than average at best) in the evening. It doesn’t deserve good ratings for that. The hotel itself is a beautiful restoration of an Art Deco building. The rooms are comfortable but very dated. An upgrade is badly needed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank UltimateWines
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Look no further for your Riverwalk stay. The Drury Plaza Riverwalk Hotel is great for couples, families, and singles. Super clean rooms, 5 star service, free breakfast, free dinner and even a couple of drink coupons will make this the best value on the Riverwalk. The nightly rate is fantastic for the Riverwalk. The buliding used to be the Alamo National Bank many years ago. The walk to the River walk is not 3 minutes from the exit of the hotel. The quite time after 10 pm assures everyone of a good night's sleep after all the wonderful walking in this great Texas City.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Cathedral are beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JAH J
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is an old, remodeled hotel. I can live with that, but, I can't live with massive amounts of chunky rust coming out of the faucets in the bathroom, especially the tub! We reported this to the front desk (in person) and they said they had blown out the pipes. I don't know how this could be done but that is all the explanation they gave. I'm not talking little chunks of rust, I mean BIG pieces. I didn't dare venture to drink the water!

Also, the TV remote wouldn't work unless you unplugged the TV and let it reset EVERY time you wanted to watch it. We reported this to the front desk as well and were told just to reset the TV. What a hassle!

The breakfast and afternoon reception are the same old buffet food you can get anywhere. There are long lines for the alcohol so you have to get there early so you don't have to wait in line so long.

We were never offered any compensation at all for any of the things we reported to management. I thought they should have at least given us free valet parking.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel. It is very disappointing to hear of the many issues you encountered during your stay. We did recently have an emergency water repair and did our best to prevent the rust from coming out of the pipes in guest rooms. We apologize that we were not able to prevent this in your guest room.

We want all of our guests to feel they received great value from staying with us. I would welcome the opportunity to make this right. Please call the hotel at 210-220-2799 and ask for the General Manager.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to better serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Mark V.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I was bumped from a conference hotel so found this Drury. I'm so glad I did. Excellent service, excellent amenities. Awesome breakfast, beautiful building. Right on the Riverwalk. I'll be back with my family.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business