“Great service! Great drinks! Good food!”

Iron Cactus Mexican Grill & Margarita Bar
Ranked #85 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The service was outstanding! I tried a strawberry, prickly pear margarita. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered a 2nd one. The salsa was great! My friend had ceviche and loved it. I tried the Mexican meatloaf. The potatoes were very good. The corn was unique. I ate the meatloaf but I wouldn’t order it again. The restroom was clean. Service was great!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Soup and salad plus tres leche creme brulee.
Friend and I had delicious lunch, good portions. The tortilla soup was amazing, lots of chicken and vegetables.
Salad was fresh and crunchy for soup and salad combo.
Left some room for the creme brulee... Delish!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Have been here on 2 occasions visiting from out of town and have had amazing food and service both times! Great atmosphere and less foot traffic as it is farther down the Riverwalk so wait times are shorter and less crowded during heavy tourist activity! Must have the table side guacamole....best we have had anywhere...and we love guac!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife and I have been here twice. Both times we have really enjoyed the items we selected. The Tortilla Soup and smoked chicken quesadillas are really great. Both are excellent. It sits very nicely on the Riverwalk. It's right there but a small wall separates the walking crowds from you at your table. We like that! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Overall it was a good Mexican meal. The guacamole was very fresh and tasty. The waitor prepared it in front of us. We.had the beef and chicken fajitas and fish of the sea with a bottle of pinot grigio. The beef was so soft and I guess that is part of the Texas specialty. The fish mixed with shrimps was tasty too. Overall great experience.