“super yummy and fresh”

Rosario's Mexican Restaurant y Lounge
Ranked #254 of 5,048 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 July 2017

a little loud but great service. Very fresh and tasty food. The Ceviche was amazing. Loved the nacho chips. nothing was too hot but just very flavorful.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Tried the Queso Rosario's as an appetizer. Among the best quesos I've ever tried. The complimentary red-green salsa and chips weren't bad, either. Then I tried the Tacos a la Rosario's, with chicken. The chicken was imbued with flavor, but the nice surprise was the salsa de molcajete (molcajete = traditional stone mortar and pestle) that accompanied the tacos. I could DRINK that sauce like a soup, it had such a fantastic, unique flavor. Rosario's has a corner on the delicious salsa market, if you ask me! Finally, I had the churros for dessert. Crunchy, and perfect with the chocolate sauce. Last but hardly least, the service was attentive without being annoying.
Rosario's standards are head and shoulders above the generic Tex-Mex spots in town. I'll be back!

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I eat at Rosario's often and the food is good. I wish the acoustics were better. It is hard to have conversations. I like the ceviche and nachos the best.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

This may not be a fair review. I am very picky about my cheese enchiladas. Theirs did not impress me much. My wife had the shrimp tacos and like them very much. We did have good service.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Today we ate lunch at Rosario's for the third time. Lots of people but our lunch experience was excellent. Very good service. Food was excellent, from nachos to posole soup to tacos. The menu has a lot of variety. I was impressed at how efficient our waitress handled the crowd. She kept passing by to take away a plate or glass.
The place is just pretty to look at, but more important is the quality of the food. Definitely upscale Mexican food (not the usual mediocre Tex-Mex).