“Don't forget the Alamo”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #19 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The Crockett Hotel is a hidden gem. It's a no nonsense establishment, with large rooms and excellent breakfast. The location can't be beat. Excellent for touring around the river walk and at street level.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

After Harvey chased my 88 year old mother & I to my sister's home near Houston, it then forced us all to flee to the Crockett Hotel in San Antonio.

All of the staff were most friendly, gracious & accomodating. The rooms were extremely clean & well kept. The complimentary breakfast was just what was needed to refuel & recharge for the day.

If only Harvey had been as kind and cordial...

The Crockett will be at the top of my list for any future lodging needs on San Antonio!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us at the Crockett hotel. We are so sorry for the challenges from Hurricane Harvey and hope things are returning to normal for you now. Please know that we will be here, ready to serve when your travels bring you back to San Antonio. God bless!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I loved being in the heart of everything and staying in a historic landmark.The Alamo, River Walk and shopping were just steps from the hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the rooms beautifully updated while keeping the historic charm

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We loved reading your review. Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The first part of our stay was fine. When I checked in, desk clerk mentioned $25 parking fee, whether valet or self-park. Decided to self-park, since lot was right across from entrance of hotel and so told her the $25 fee was fine. Morning of departure, security called to say car had been broken into around 7:30AM. Upon inspection, right rear window of Envoy SUV had a concrete block thrown through it. Many items gone, including laptop, prescriptions, funds in glove compartment, restaurant cards of 50 @ $50 and personal badge holder and bracelet of charms I had received over 48 years membership service in Beta Sigma Phi including International Award of Distinction medal. Hotel security and Mr. Garcia led us to believe insurance would take care of the items. Upon checkout I received receipt that mysteriously had no parking fee of $25 listed. I'm thinking this was a way out of the claim. Received call on voicemail while still traveling, that I need to turn in on my insurance. I may have to turn to my insurance, but I am seeking legal advice from my personal attorney first! I have owned my secretarial service since 1979, and I had many of my clients' programs and other information on the computer. I will wait for attorney's advice. In any case, nobody even contacted us to say "sorry". Travelers beware - stay and PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK! I took pictures of damage there were NO SECURITY CAMERAS!!!

Room Tip: It may be mid-range for downtown San Antonio, but bill was $200+/1 night.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This was a great place to stay - just steps away from the Alamo and several other attractions. The staff was welcoming and even gave us a gift bag for our dog! It's quaint and more upscale than the usual chains. Loved the bar, the breakfast, and the little pool/park area with trees and lounge chairs. It felt cozy despite being in the center of the tourist district. We found it relaxing and perfect for our weekend getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed 2nd floor and found it quiet. We heard from guests on the 5th floor that there was a noisy...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb A
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time the share a great review after your recent stay with us. We love to hear from our customers and will share your thoughts with our entire team!