“Very nice. Great service, excellent drinks, fresh seafood.”
Review of El 7 Mares

El 7 Mares
Ranked #736 of 5,048 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Some of the most tender octopus I have had outside of Spain. Prepared oysters and ceviche were both fresh and flavorful, with an interesting blend of spices. Shrimp quesadillas were full of cheese and rather nice.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We visit this restaurant with another couple on average 3-4 times per month! We most often get the Camarones Envueltos en Tocino (bacon-wrapped stuffed shrimp) or Aguacate Rellenos (avocado stuffed with baby shrimp) Great food in a family-owned place with wonderful service! Can be a little noisy when two mariachi bands are "warring" with each other, but the food makes up for it!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We located this place on the internet. They have their menu posted there and we decided to go to eat there because of it. The atmosphere is very relaxed and homey. The wait staff is quick to see to your needs and wanting to serve you. When we arrived there was a small combo singing "rancheros". We are from northern New Mexico but the music was excellent and nostalgic. This restaurant is not pretentious but welcoming, humble, and simple.

The food we ordered was so flavorful it could only have come from a kitchen interested in serving the best possible food. For example, the rice served in many fine seafood restaurants is often treated as an aside and tastes like it. Here it was cooked and seasoned with the same care as the entreé. The homemade tarter sauce did not have the usual taste (Kraft) of other sauces.

The portions are very generous and given the quality of the food make this restaurant a great value.

Take a look at the picture behind the checkout. I asked if it was of some "Cristeros" and was told that it was. I was told that one of the men was the restaurant owner's grandfather.

I consider this restaurant a bit of hidden treasure in San Antonio.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I invited some friends to eat at the Perrin Beitel location, the service was good. we ordered two dishes of Fry Red Snapper, after started eating we noticed that the fish was not Red Snapper, I called the waitress I told that the fish was not the correct the requested Red Snapper, she took some time, and I call her again I asked her what happened in the kitchen, then she went back and finally she told us that the served fish was one called "drummer" in spanish is "tambor" I told her that I was not happy about it because red snapper is more expensive. I had the bill and they did still charge me for a more expensive fish. I believe they cheating and charge more for something that is usually more inexpensive. I would not back to this restaurant chain.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

This is the best restaurant in all of San Antonio in our opinion. Every single thing we've tried has been delicious, authentic and prepared to perfection with excellent presentation. The service is over the top. El 7 Mares is a must do for every visit to beautiful San Antonio!

Been to El 7 Mares? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK