“saludos!”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #49 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Mi Tierra has some authentic Mexican dishes that are pretty good. If you want really great tasting, try some of the smaller Mexican restaurants throughout the city, especially near Trinity. The wait is way too long but if you want the "experience" you can shop nearby and still carry your buzzer. The Mexican candy is well worth the wait in line- get the calabaza and camote. It's a cute zperience if you are visiting for the first time.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Walking into the incredibly decorated interior of Mi Tierra is a experience you will remember long after you leave. Every room is beautiful. The mural on one of the walls is spectacular. You must check out every room.

The staff is as nice as I have ever encountered. As a Texan, you expect great experiences with most staff while eating in Texas but the staff there is as pleasant as the interior. Truly super people. The food is authentic Tex/Mex. And everything we had was fabulous.

The bakery was beyond words. The selection was superb. The quality of all the goodies was also superb. Hard deciding what to get. ITS ALL GREAT. Right outside in the Market Square is great shopping in a truly San Antonio gem. Alot better quality than the tourist trap stuff by the Alamo. This place is a MUST DO if in San Antonio.

1  Thank fototexGranburyTX
Reviewed 14 December 2017

The atmosphere is lively and colorful. We had lunch here and the food was amazing. Flavor and presentation. Fresh! We did not buy anything from the bakery, but will be visiting, again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I ate at Mi Tierra twice during four days in San Antonio. The first night I wanted Chile Relleno but without meat. No problem; wonderful Chihuahua cheese was substituted. The Sangria goes down like silk. The last night I had the Taco Salad, which comes with a dollop of guacamole and sour cream. Nachos and salsa accompany every meal. More Sangria and flan (hold the whipped topping) to finish. Mi Tierra is huge (seats 1,000) and always busy. The first night, since it was late for me--after a long flight--i didn't want to wait for a table so they asked if I would be willing to sit at a counter in one of the rooms. No problem. The last night, with long lines, I walked up and asked if I could sit at the counter again. The hostess took me back there; it was full, and less than a minute later I was seated in a booth. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I went to this restaurant with my family and we were wowed with the colorful decorations and lights. We really felt like we were in Mexico. Love the way everyone who were servers were dressed. The place was hopping with activity and we were enjoying every minute of it. I ordered the Chicken with Mole sauce on top, refried beans, shredded lettuce and spanish rice. My dinner was good and very tasty. The only thing I didn't care for was the spanish rice. I'm picky about my Spanish rice, it wasn't tasty enough for me. Service was quick when we did get seated. If you do go be prepared to wait because this place is very popular. Also, if you go make sure everyone who is going is present at the place, or they won't put you on the list to be seated. I had a lemonade for my drink which is more like a limeade, so it isn't the lemonade I usually like. It was good but I prefer regular lemonade. The place is huge also. We thought it was a little place but nope it is big. We are definitely making this a regular for us to eat at with family and friends.