“Great food, great service!!!”

Los Barrios Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 5,048 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here twice and is on my list of Favorites in SA!! The server asked for our order so he could put it in ahead of a large group. We had two children with us and we appreciated the thought so they wouldn’t have to wait. Food was great and there was no wait to be seated!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the service that we received during my friends farewell gathering. Management did a bad job not having enough servers. Drinks and food came sporatically during the evening..people were eating at random times and I for one ever got my food so I cancelled my order. VIOLA must be rolling in her grave with the bad servuce that we received. I will not return.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Viola Barrios, from Bustamante Mexico, started this restaurant in 1979. It is still owned and operated by her family. If you want genuine Tex Mex Mexican food that the locals love, this is the place. It’s a down home, family style restaurant. Nothing fancy here, but definitely first class in many ways.
Great margaritas too!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Met with friends after church for lunch. Had a sampler plate of enchiladas and it was plenty with good flavor. It was rather busy and service refected that, waited 45 minutes to get our food. Good thing the server kept bring out free chips and salsa. Would return just not on Sunday during the church crowd.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I was there recently for a family luncheon. So, I'm reviewing this place because as a San Antonio native of long-standing, I know my Mexican eateries. So, not so much Los Barrios. Maybe it was just their luncheon menu that was so poor -- very salty carne guisada - I mean, tears-formed-in-my-eyes salty. The enchiladas were swamped in chili con carne. I know that this is the SA way, but let them live before you choke them. A relative wondered if the enchiladas had Velveeta in them. That bad, really. Maybe go during a less rushed time? Maybe that was it.

Been to Los Barrios Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK