“If you are by yourself eat at the bar”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 5,051 Restaurants in San Antonio
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I was looking for a place to have a glass of wine and a good meal by myself and this fit the bill. The service at the bar was excellent and the staff was attentive to everything I needed. I was comfortable and had the Baked Artichoke appentizer which was great. They gave me a hot wet towel to clean up with before my meal and desert.
I will come back here many more times with friends or by myself when I need a great dinner.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We visited on a Thursday evening around 7:45 PM but despite most of the tables being full we were whisked to a booth immediately. Very soon the pleasant server arrived and took our order for drinks, appetizer and entrees. In most restaurants, there is a little wait for mixed drinks but not here. Within a couple moments, our drinks were served. Service was superb: timely courses and none overlapped. We agreed it is the most well run restaurant in our experience. The food equaled the excellent service. Our calamari was delicious with a light crispy batter. Our steaks Hawaiian were prepared as ordered (med rare) and the sauce was original and tasty. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We chose J Alexander's in San Antonio at random.
We were picking up our kids at the SA airport from a trip and the drive from our home is almost 4hrs. So we planned our trip to be able to stop for lunch before going to the airport.
We were impressed from the moment we walked in to the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We were seated at a window booth. We received the menus and wine list, as well as a carafe of cold water straight away.
My husband selected a craft beer from the list to drink, while I stayed with water.
I chose the Cypress Salad, my husband had the Brasserie Steak with Frites. We also chose a side of

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Returned last night with my wife and grandson to J Alexander's for what was essentially a reprise of a visit last year about this time. The big change was my wife's order of the French Dip instead of the Barbecue Baby Back Ribs and both my wife and grandson has a Caesar salad.

The Barbecue Baby Back Ribs and Prime Rib, medium rare, were the same. Same desserts were the same desserts. Same outstanding service was the same.

Everything was outstanding!

My rating and recommendation are the same as last year.

The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Buc-ee10
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stopped in at J Alexander's restaurant for a quick bit before a flight out of San Antonio. Upon entering the restaurant I was greeted by a very friendly employee and I was seated quickly. My server met me at my table within minutes and shortly after my meal was delivered to my table.

The atmosphere was nice and the restroom clean. Will be stopping by again in the future.

Dr. Marc, PS 63:7