“Good Home cooking”
Review of Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen - CLOSED

Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We actually went to the newer location out in La Vernia. Upon arrival we were served huge soft dinner rolls. I was really excited by their looks alone, but they tasted a day or so old and were cold. The rolls have potential if they are fresh and warm so I won't completely knock them down. I decided to order the cheeseburger hamburger steak, something loaded with cheese and jalapenos you can't go wrong there! When the meal arrived I was real excited until I noticed the size of the hamburger steak was not big at all. It was something that could fit on a small bun, I was expecting something a little larger. It was actually good but my heart was misled. Then the lady ordered the chicken tenders and I tell you they are one of the best chicken tenders I have ever had. They were large, tender, juicy and just plain supple. The mac and cheese was ok nothing to exciting.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My partner wanted on our first day on our US holiday to have a diner's breakfast. Though I knew this wasn't the healthiest option, I had promised to let him have it. We drove around and then I saw this place. I figured that any place called Country kitchen should have what he wanted, so I made him park the rental car and we walked back to the restaurant. It was empty when we got in. We were seated. It was a simple place that looked to have once been someone's living room. Simple and homey, like you'd expect from a country kitchen. We took a look at the menu and ordered a classical breakfast and the Huevos rancheros one. The only difference was in a slightly spicy sauce really. The hash browns were nicely browned, but our declaration of love went to the place's biscuits. We had never eaten anything like that in our lives! Bread that fell apart when you touched it and continued melting on your taste buds. It was so heavenly that we went again for breakfast a second day, just so we could get the biscuits again. Just thinking of them makes my mouth water......

1  Thank LeMetayel
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ate here twice on my recent visit to SA. I had not been to Tim's before and was pleasantly surprised at the great food and service. A great Sunday breakfast place.... wonderful biscuits, huge pancakes.

Great chicken friend steak, mac and cheese and mashed taters. Yeast dinner rolls and iced tea were great.

A nice respite from the over abundant Tex Mex places....

2  Thank tejashombre
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I were looking for some home style breakfast(me) and lunch (for him) and Mr. Tim's delivered. The biscuits are good and big- make sure you don't fill up on them before you get your main entree'! It not easy to find good fried pork chops portioned where you feel you got a good value- but Mr. Tim's chops were nice and golden brown with great flavor.My husband had that and I had breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. My potatoes were cooked crispy on the outside and tender in the middle of the stack, just as I like them. We left happy, full and with a leftovers for our dinner. Make sure you check the hours as when we visited they were only open from 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM.

1  Thank LorriRay
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is where the locals eat and for good reason. The fresh hot biscuits they bring to your table are mouthwatering just be sure to leave room for what you ordered. This restaurant is not fancy schmancy, and you might drive right by it if not paying attention. If you did that you would be doing yourself a disservice because you'd be missing some delicious dishes. Try the omelette with jalapenos, it's got a definite kick to it that you will like.