“Good Hearty Home Style Breakfast/Lunch”
Review of Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen - CLOSED

Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I were looking for some home style breakfast(me) and lunch (for him) and Mr. Tim's delivered. The biscuits are good and big- make sure you don't fill up on them before you get your main entree'! It not easy to find good fried pork chops portioned where you feel you got a good value- but Mr. Tim's chops were nice and golden brown with great flavor.My husband had that and I had breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. My potatoes were cooked crispy on the outside and tender in the middle of the stack, just as I like them. We left happy, full and with a leftovers for our dinner. Make sure you check the hours as when we visited they were only open from 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM.

1  Thank LorriRay

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is where the locals eat and for good reason. The fresh hot biscuits they bring to your table are mouthwatering just be sure to leave room for what you ordered. This restaurant is not fancy schmancy, and you might drive right by it if not paying attention. If you did that you would be doing yourself a disservice because you'd be missing some delicious dishes. Try the omelette with jalapenos, it's got a definite kick to it that you will like.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My son and I visited Mr. Tim's one sunny weekend morning before biking the Mission Reach. We wanted some carbs to start the day. Mr. Tim's did not disappoint. The starter biscuits were huge. That should have been my indication that the pancakes would be huge as well...which they were. The pancakes were so big that we took the leftovers with us and my 11 year old had breakfast two additional mornings! The eggs were done to order - yay! The only think holding me back from awarding 5 stars? The hash browns were greasy and the coffee was not good. If Mr. Tim's can improve at least the coffee, that would be one of the best improvements they could make. Service was outstanding - fast and friendly. This is definitely now one of my go-to brunch restaurants when in the downtown area. Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

First, the positive: the service was outstanding. Our waitresses (a team effort) were kind, attentive, and on-the-ball. Everything else slid downhill after that. The coffee was nasty. The food was nothing special. Hash browns were grease-laden, then again, what wasn't? The biscuits were not bad, but I've had a lot better. The french toast was not actual french toast; it was their own special variation. Basically it was their biscuits flattened down, fried like french toast, then doused in powdered sugar. The "french biscuits" weren't cooked through but that didn't matter, the second round of cooked "french biscuits" turned stomachs just as easily. The servers comped us the french biscuits and even gave us a complimentary cinnamon roll to go (even the cinnamon roll was sub-par). We tipped the full price of the meal and thanked the waitresses profusely for their effort(s). These ladies really were sweet! If it wasn't for the service, this would have received a "terrible" rating. I'm not certain what others who gave 4-5 stars were tasting.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Was told by a friend that this was a great breakfast restaurant. It was all it was billed to be. The biscuits were wonderful and the pancakes were some of the best I have ever had.
From the outside appearance many would not give it a second look, but the food and service were outstanding I will be back and highly recommend.