“¡Fuego!”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Description: Our story... We've been shaking it up in SA since 1997. Born down in Southtown right next to our good friends at La Tuna, we started to introduce a new kind of food to our great Tex Mex city. Cooking it fresh and just a little healthier---digging down a little further south to serve up the best empanadas in the free world. We figured we better do up some tacos too... something familiar to our friends and family. We start 'em off with fresh handmade corn tortillas, and to kick it up a notch, we cooked up some Tacos al Pastor and the first fish tacos in SA-- drizzled with our "better than..." poblano sauce. People started coming. At first, they thought we had lost our minds because everybody knows SA is the home of Tex Mex, but as more and more folks tried our Alternative, they found they liked it. So now, over 17 years strong, we're proud to be a little part of the local food scene in SA. We are happy you're ready to step outside the box and get some ALT-MEX in you.
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Our waiter Chris could not have been more helpful- and the food exceeded our expectations! I've never had goat- OMG! Soooo good! Get any empanada and the ceviche! And the prices were so cheap too. Great value for the quality- atmosphere was family friendly- Guy Fieri called this one-
Off the hook!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Our party of three adults enjoyed dinner at Beto's while in San Antonio recently. We'd visited the restaurant a few years ago on another trip and wanted to go again.

We were seated in the outdoor patio area immediately. It was a pleasant evening and there was live music to boot. That made the meal all that much more enjoyable. Service was fast and friendly.

All of our food and drinks were wonderful. They are kind of famous for their empanadas and we each ordered one plus another item from the menu. Everything was terrific.

We'll definitely return to Beto's when in the area again.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I didn't hate it but it didn't wow me. Ultimately it was fairly expensive for the amount and quality of food that we got. I don't regret going but I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Really good empanadas. Wonderful pastry shell. Bean soup is delicious. Dessert empanadas superb. This place is a real gem. One of my favorites. Eat here, treat yourself. You'll be glad. Service is always good too.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have had the empanadas at catered events. I never ate inside the restaurant. Nobody makes a better empanada in San Antonio than they do. Service was okay. Food was fabulous'

Been to Beto's Alt-Mex? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK