“As good as I remembered!”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #93 of 5,105 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Periodically, my wife and I treat ourselves to a Sunday lunch that is a little special rather than just a "fast food" option. This particular Saltgrass Restaurant is one of our favorites for that and it lived up to our expectations. It had been a little while ... okay, a few months ... since we had eaten here, so we were pleasantly surprised when the atmosphere, service, and food lived up to our expectations and even exceeded them a little.

We both had the 12oz "Pat's Ribeye" with a Caesar salad. My wife had a baked sweet potato and I had a regular baked potato as the side item. Our order was taken promptly and very courteously by the waiter. When our salads arrived, I asked for a little extra Caesar dressing (because we both like it) and the waiter promptly delivered a little cup of it for each of us. There was no hesitation and no questions were asked ... just prompt, courteous service. Our steaks were cooked as ordered and everything was really delicious.

After we had finished our meal, we had a pleasant chat with our waiter who was friendly and a very nice young man. I've experienced waiters who were "buttering up" patrons in an effort to get a better tip but I really don't believe that our waiter was doing that ... I think he was honestly a friendly guy. Actually, in thinking about it, I don't think I've experienced the false friendliness factor at any of the Saltgrass restaurants.

I can easily recommend this restaurant for a pleasant meal, especially the "Pat's Ribeye". ;-) It should be noted, though, that I cannot offer an opinion regarding certain characteristics, especially the WiFi availability, because I do not tend to have my phone out and in use while I am dining, especially with my wife.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with great steak right by the riverwalk. We both had fillet steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Really enjoyed our meal here.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Came here today with a friend​ for lunch. Had the Range Rattlers to start -- they were awesome as always. Then I had the Pat's Ribeye and it was cooked just like it. Bake Sweet Potato was great also. Service was excellent too!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

The Saltgrass has the best steak hands down. They are perfect every time!
The salad is always fresh and the vegetables never disappoint. I have to give credit to whoever manages this location. The ENTIRE staff is so awesome and work together so well that you just can't help but have the best dining experience ever! Be sure to sign up for your Landry's select club card while you are there....: )

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Love the armadillo eggs that are fantastic!! Those and the frozen margaritas! Become a member also, last time I got 25.00 off my meal!