“Good service, very nice view of river walk”

Reserve with OpenTable
Fig Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 42 - US$ 62
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Whether dining in the cozy interior or on the outdoor villa-style terrace overlooking the San Antonio River, exquisite food and impeccable service are mainstays of the Fig Tree Restaurant. Crisp linens drape tables set with fine china and sparkling crystal in elegant yet homey surroundings.We sincerely hope you enjoy this old home and its surroundings as much as those who have lived and dined here in the past.Around the corner from the Hilton Hotel, next to Little Rhein Steak House
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Maybe because of x'mas weekend, the food was not bad but ordinary, betrayed our high anticipation. Menu is limited. That usually suggests better quality at such a reputed restaurant. Wrong.
But service was good. The partial view of river walk illuminated with x'mas lighting was great. It could be romantic on the outside terrace but it was too cold.

Roxanne H, Public Relations Manager at Fig Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Terry,

I apologize that your experience fell short of your expectations. Customer experience is of the utmost importance to us. Our menu is hand selected to reflect items that are in season and dishes appropriate for the time of year. Because we update our menu regularly, we keep it smaller to make sure our ingredients on hand are fresh and it also allows us to provide different menu selections periodically. We update our menu changes on our Facebook page and website. Please keep a look out to see when we have something a bit more to your liking.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have read so many reviews before I chose to dine at Fig Tree because some reviewers praised about how good the beef wellington and baked alaska were. First of all, these 2 items were not on the regular menu, so the server told me that was the special feature of the day.
However, I was not impressed about the presentation which were far off from the traditional dishes that I have had since my childhood. The beef wellington was supposed to be embedded in puff pastry and baked in oven, which should have the moist texture from the mushroom paste and the tenderness the steak. Fig Tree cheated with an open face option, for which the puff pastry were baked separately and simply placed one puff pastry above and another below the steak. The mushroom paste was placed on the bottom puff pastry. It was quite disappointing because this was not beef wellington at all, it was simply a good piece of steak with puff pastry on the side. I have once attempted to make beef wellington at home, which took my friend and I almost 20 hours from scratch to finish. This open-faced version should not be named Beef Wellington at all. For the baked alaska, one thing they did right was to cook and flamed in front of the guests at a low cost of $12 only. However, the ice-cream inside was sold cold and hard, and the outside was made of marshmallow instead of egg white. The whole dessert was overly sweet as you would be eating a big marshmallow. On top of these, please don't order any Sangria, as we order both White and Red Wine Sangria which tasted like syrup without any wine flavor. The only highlights were the appetizers which we ordered scallops and quail, with duck's liver pate and probably seared. One more note, be prepared to pay for US$100 per person for 3-courses as this is in the prime tourist district.

2  Thank CoCoLau
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

The food was magnificent and the setting very nice. Too cold to sit outside, but the inside of the restaurant is very cozy but not too crowded. Our waiter was excellent, but the rest of the staff could use an upgrade if this restaurant wants to consider 5 stars. Our table of 8 was near the Service bar and every one of the accessory staff managed to bump my chair it seemed all night. Not gentle bumps but where it would have caused a spill had I had food in a fork or my drink. They never even noticed or apologized! This restaurant is excellent from a menu and wait staff point of view but needs to educate the accessory staff on how to behave in an upscale restaurant. I would definitely eat here again but request a seat nowhere near any service areas!

Dear Chandra,

I wanted to write to you and inform you we had a sit down with our staff and asked them to be more courteous to guests that were not their own. Our servers are great, they truly are, however, sometimes they do rush and forget to check their surroundings. Again, we did take the time to coach them and hope, on your next visit, your experience will be that much better.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us!

Erin S
Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We ate at Fig Tree tonight and it was great! Our waitress (young girl with dark brown/black hair sorry I am terrible at remembering names!) was very sweet and helpful. We had a great table right in front of the window with a perfect view of the river. The food was so amazing. Sourdough bread with kalamata olives was to die for. We ordered the bruschetta appetizer and it was really good. My entree was the short rib and hubby got the duck confit. My dish was perfect! I wouldn’t change a thing. So savory and rich! The duck was perfectly prepared. We would of liked that dish even better if it had been served with mashed potatoes and/or a sauce instead of the beans. Our drinks remained topped off as well! The manager (assuming manager) was also attentive and checked on us twice. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Dear Erin,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy your meal was fantastic and your server (Either Meghan or Sierra) did a great job.

We hope to see you again soon!

Erin S
Guest Relations

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent choice for a business group dinner.
Menu includes a la carte selections and several specials. Impressive wine list.
Very friendly service.