“Wonderful experience”

The Guenther House Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 4,980 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Arsenal
Reviewed 21 November 2017

What an amazing place to visit! We went for brunch on a Saturday morning and waited about 45 minutes for a table. But while you wait they have tables and coffee available to sit at and enjoy the lovely trees and atmosphere. You can also tour the house and visit the store. The house and museum hold some very cool history!

The restaurant part is very cozy with such great atmosphere. The food was delicious!! I had the pancake platter and they were the best pancakes I've ever had. So sweet and fluffy. My husband had the 1851 platter- lots of food! Love the sampler bread basket they bring. We will definitely be coming back!!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Monday about 10:30 and the place was packed. We were told it would be 30-40 minutes so we wandered around the store and museum. Not 15 minutes later our table was ready.
I️ had the waffle and it was probably the best one I️ have ever eaten.
My husband had the 1851 breakfast platter and was very happy with it. The biscuit was huge (and delicious!) the hot chocolate was also delicious.
The only reason I️ didn’t give it a 5/5 is because the service was a little slow.
The building itself is very interesting as well, all decorated for Christmas already, and they have a gingerbread house made with 100lbs of candy.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Really nice server but low low quality food. I had the taco salad. The shredded cheese was orange (as in orange food coloring added to something that wasn’t cheese).

Also, too many flies for our comfort zone.

2  Thank BarefootBuddies
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We enjoyed a delicious meal at the Guenther House. The outside seating is very nice. Food was delicious and nicely prepared. Prices are reasonable. Note that there is no liquor license.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful breakfast with a wonderful server(thanks Eric!). There is no wheelchair access to indoor restaurant or store (shame) which was a huge disappointment. Oh the money I would have spent! Food was excellent and the grounds are beautiful.