“More spice to the food”
Review of Bobby G's

Bobby G's
Ranked #1,586 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Myself, and son went to this resturant last night as it is right down the street from where we live. And I was interested in seeing what they had. I went in and the atmosphere was excellent. I saw online they had a Kids menu but was informed they no longer have one. Which I can see by the rules posted all over the place I understand structure, but they seem to not to family or Kid friendly and the place is geared more towards adults. As for food the burger and fries were good similar to what I would get at other resturants. I ordered the Papa Spud w/Sausage all the ingredents where on the side and I was unable to put them on the spuds. When I finally ate through the sausage. The potatoe was cold. I also ordered a Sloppy G the Sloppy was good but the bun/hoggie was really hard and I had to go to the bar and get to pieces of bread to eat it. No special flavoring or spice to it. I went back, and ordered some brisket felt it was the same very bland and usual. I was looking for the Special flavoring that other posts mention. Food was good but average most of been a bad day for the cook. Ordered soom wings to go. The wings had very good taste to them and had a rich flavor to them.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Counter service then delivered to your table. Friendly and clean. Not fussy... Wear your shots and get your fingers greasy! Would go back!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

This one is off the beaten path, but really well worth the small trek. Once inside you will notice the neat surroundings. Once you order and get your BBQ, you will notice this wonderful delictable taste in your mouth. I used no sauce to taste the true flavor of the QUE. This place hit the nail right on the head. The sausage was loaded with flavor and a little heat in the right balance, the Brisket was true Mesquite smoked to perfection, and they brought out some kabobs that were great teasers!!! The owner Bobby G was a great personality , walking and talking to all the clients, asking how everything was. They have an outside patio that is appointed great for a BBQ joint!!!!! Like I said, way off the beaten path, but only minutes from downtown. Oh yeah, the beans where better than most I've tasted. I would take extra home for the next morning for tacos...that is if you have any left over. If not then buy some. Great refried !!!!!