All reviews room was clean yogurt place to sleep walmart hairdryer odor clerk riverwalk
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Quality Inn has clean rooms a great breakfast, children's playground and golf course, and a pool. Great place for families.

laundry available.

Corridors need a daily vacuuming, but otherwise spotless.

Room have fridge, micro, hair dryer, etc.

Room Tip: Well off road, all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

If I could rate this hotel less than one star I would. The hotel is in a state of disrepair. While we were there the elevator wasn’t working part of the time. They ran out of numerous items for breakfast. The hotel was dirty. The hot tub was broken. The rooms are worn out and out of date. The grounds were unkept. Finally, we paid in advance but we had a flight that was late and missed our connection to San Antonio. We ended up staying in Denver and missed Christmas with our daughter and son in law who are stationed at Lackland. I tried to get a refund for the night we missed but management would not respond to my many phone calls. When they finally responded the answer was no. It would have been worth a few more dollars to stay in a decent hotel. Anyone who gives this hotel more than one star either has low expectations or they are just not being honest with people looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay. My advice is to stay away from this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The front desk host gentleman was very friendly--Rick. Very helpful explaining the ins and outs of the airbase. However, my family--including two eight year olds--expected a nice trip to attend a Lackland AFB graduation. We booked a 4 night stay in a room with a kitchenette and lounge area with a comfy couch and coffee table (according to the photo). What we got was a small room with two beds, a desk with chair and college style refrigerator and microwave. No lounge area. When asked about it the manager said that was just advertisement but they did have one room that fit that description but it was booked already. After cleaning hair from the tub we immediately started killing ROACHES. The bedspreads were so dirty we took 'em off and stored them under the dusty bench in the room. We left 2 nights into our 4 night stay after roaches started crawling into the microwave with our food. No refund on the money though. Breakfast was great! Eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, juice and coffee. Just gave me the creeps thinking about the roaches though. Pool was nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cnjenk
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Very friendly and attentive check in staff. Breakfast service was good, the dinning room was not large nenough to handle the guests. Parking very accessible but security at side door was not as expected entry possible without key card.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rex R
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Every time I go to type my review I flip-flop back-and-forth. This is my honest assessment of the hotel. Fortunately there was more good than bad. Touching on the negatives: as many others have mentioned, my room did smell a little musty. There were stains all over the chair, the bed sham was torn and my smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by the wires. I didn't complain to the front desk about these things, but I definitely think housekeeping should've pointed them out and have them taken care of.

Every morning guests are offered complementary breakfast which consisted of freshly made waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and and assortment of biscuits, breads cereals and yogurts. Although nothing was gourmet, it did fill the belly and give me a good start to the day.

As for the location, I thought it was great. This hotel is in the northwest corner of San Antonio. It was right on the Helotes border and only 20-30 minutes away from the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Lackland Air Force Base and the airport. This area of town had the small town feeling, with all of the Big city conveniences. Within a 1 mile radius there were dozens of restaurants, a supermarket, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc.

What made my hotel stay a great one was coming down to the lobby and seeing Erika at the front desk. I was always greeted with a big smile and a friendly welcome every time I saw her. She was very knowledgeable and helpful about where to go to around town for different cuisines of restaurants and any gladly helped me with any other questions I had about the area. She is a huge asset to the hotel's team and I hope management realizes what a great team member they have in her.

All in all, I would say that I got my money's worth with my stay at this Quality Inn. If you want more amenities or fancier rooms plan on spending $200-$300 a night. If you're looking for a place to sleep at night at a reasonable price and a good location this is a safe place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Ric V, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

I just want to state that I believe you are making your review towards the wrong Hotel. It happens very often, so it's perfectly understandable. We are "Quality Inn - Sea World/Lackland" and the other Hotel is "Quality Inn - Sea World North." They are out by Helotes, we are at the Intersection of 410 West and 151. We do NOT have torn linens of any kind, as we have BRAND NEW linens on all our beds, in all of our Rooms.

I am not talking bad about their Hotel, because I am sure as it is a CHOICE Hotels property that it is GREAT!!! As are any CHOICE Hotels properties.

Thank You very much for your review, even though it is mistakenly sent to the wrong property.