We spent a Sunday evening at the Valencia. This was a return visit after several years. The hotel has an eccentric, high fashion, romantic dark corners kind of design that is fun. Quality of furniture, baths, linens etc are all very high. The service is generally very good, and with a little shopping the prices are great. If there is a problem, it is with commitment to the romatic approach. The public spaces are too large for that concept, and thus not really cozy. The restaurant (which is closed on Sunday evenings?) is similarly a bit sterile. And, as a business hotel the commitment to darkness is a problem. You just can't possibly read a document in the rooms. Nonetheless, we had a good stay, and in a city of pretty sterile Marriotts and the like, this is a ver nice change of pace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the San Antonio River Walk, within walking distance of the Alamo, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown San Antonio. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is a short walk from the San Antonio Convention Center, downtown attractions and only a short drive to The Pearl, theme parks and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Naranja bar and dine in Dorregos Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary continental breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio