Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 202
Residence Inn
US$ 285
US$ 279
US$ 108
US$ 105
Staybridge.com
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)
US$ 191
US$ 98
US$ 80
Red Roof
3,274 results
All reviewsnicole phillipsisrael gonzalezvalet supervisorthe river walkcourtyard roombeautiful hotelhouston streetvalet parkingmajestic theaterromantic getawayvalet serviceupon checkcitrusmouradvvipriverwalkacenar
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The good:
Virtually every person that we had contact with at the hotel took very good care of us. Albert, at the front desk, upgraded our room when they did not have the room type that we had booked online. Mike, the bell-hop, was professional, courteous, and helpful with suggestions on local restaurants and other things to do. Richard, the lobby bar bartender was friendly and professional (and pours a good Margarita).

The hotel is conveniently located along the Riverwalk and close to most attractions in that area of the city

The central courtyard offers a unique and interesting space to spend time

The bad:
The hotel could use a serious cleaning. You don't have to examine too closely to see evidence of this.

I would not call it a good value overall; it's a bit overpriced for what you get

Summary: Nothing remarkable really. We were very pleased with the service of the staff and the way that they took care of our reservation without us prompting. While the hotel has alot of potential, a little more attention to the finer details (like cleaning public spaces) would be helpful

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms along the Riverwalk have balconies;though with just enough room to sit on and not much more. There are only a few of them though so book one early. 318is the presidential suite with a very large balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MGMWi
wenola, Owner at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with such thorough feedback. I'm thrilled to hear our staff made you and your wife feel welcome and comfortable, upon arrival and throughout your stay. We can certainly work on the cleanliness, though— I'm very concerned you found the public spaces less than spotless. I assure you we're on top of this! If there was anything else we could have done to enhance your stay, I would love to hear it.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again and show you an even better time.

Thanks very much,

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have visited Hotel Valencia a couple of times. When you go, ask for one of the junior suites. You'll find a semi-rounded room with a long, extremely comfortable sectional stretching along the entire outside perimeter of the room. This suite has an amazing view of the Riverwalk, large, comfy bed in the center of the room, and wonderful amenities. The decor is contemporary, comfortable, inviting, and sexy. This is a very romantic hotel with tons of charisma. The location is superb, and we thoroughly enjoy our experiences at Hotel Valencia. Can't say it enough....romantic and sexy!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for one of the junior suites or the presidential suite!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal B
wenola, Owner at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

We're so glad you love your stays at our hotel! The junior suite is certainly a beautiful, romantic setting for a getaway. Thank you for recommending our hotel for a fantastic stay along the Riverwalk. We look forward to welcoming you both back again!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Hotel Valencia is conveniently located downtown San Antonio next to River Walk and within walking distance of all city attractions. When you walk into the lobby of Hotel Valencia, you are immediately smell chlorine – there is a waterfall in the lobby and the smell is pretty powerful.
Since most of the 1-st floor is taken up by waterfall, the reception desk is located on the 2-nd floor. Elevator has a security feature that you need to swipe your room card in order to get to any of the guest floors. Our room was on the 4th floor with windows facing Houston Street. The room was rather large and dark with sparse contemporary black furnishings. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom small and not conveniently organized. When sitting on the toilet, you had the really twist to get to the toilet paper. The towel bar for hand towels was hanging so low, that you had to crouch to get to the towels. The hook for towels on the bathroom door was about 7’ off the ground. I had to jump to hang towels on it. Also be aware that there is a dimmer on the light switch in the bathroom, which is very convenient, but it’s so tiny, that I had no idea how to make the lights bright enough to put my make-up on. There was no safe in the room, but mini-bar was featured prominently. The biggest problem with this hotel for us was noise level. The 1-st night people in the room next door had a drunken party until about 4 am. We went to the front desk to complain and after awhile, they quieted down. The next 2 nights we were kept awake by loud noise from the sidewalks or River Walk.
When we were checking out of the hotel, we were presented with valet parking bill, even though we didn't have a car and asked them to get us a taxi to the airport.
I would not stay again at this hotel because of the noise level.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Margaret,

Thank you for staying with us during your time in San Antonio, as well as taking the time to leave such thorough feedback. I'm glad you found the room clean and comfortable. I appreciate you bringing the chlorine smell to my attention, too; that sounds unusual for us so I'll have the maintenance team look into it. Also, while we don't provide a safe in every room, we are happy to hold your important belongings in a safe at the front desk.
I'm sorry to hear the guests next door were louder than usual— Hotel Valencia certainly is not a rowdy hotel. We try to stay on top of disturbances like that and take care of them very quickly. I am sorry about this and hope you were still able to get some good sleep. Admittedly, the rooms that face Houston Street are subject to outside noise. If you return to San Antonio, I assure you we can find you a different room nestled further in the hotel, off the main Riverwalk, that is quieter. We really would love to welcome you back and show you much better stay— I know we have what it takes to impress you!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was on a business trip in San Antonio and stayed at the hotel because it is one of the company approved hotels in the downtown San Antonio area. I was a little concerned at first because the price was less expensive compared to the other major brands in the river walk area but was pleasantly surprised when I arrive. The hotel staff is extremely service oriented. They were extremely pleasant and very helpful.

The hotel is on the river walk but not exactly close to the riverwalk mall area. It's close enough that you can walk but if you are expecting to walk outside the hotel and be in the main riverwalk area...you will be somewhat disappointed. Like I mentioned, it's close enough so it wasn't an issue for me.

The hotel is very modern/comtempory looking. The rooms were very good size, clean and comfortable. The hotel and rooms are a little on the dark side - lots of black walks and low lighting. The sleep quality was very good and there wasn't any outside noise.

The room rate also included breakfast. The breaksfast service was a little on the slow side but the fool quality was very good. There isn't a breakfast buffet but the menu offered a variety of options.

I enjoyed staying at the Hotel Valencia and would definitely stay there again. Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I'm glad you chose us during your business trip to San Antonio, even happier to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your attention to our breakfast menu, interior decor and location. We love our spot on the Riverwalk, just down from the main mall— our location is convenient yet calm!

We would love to have you back again, whether for business or pleasure. In addition to major attractions like the Alamo and the River Walk, we are also close to a rapidly expanding arts and cultural community, with galleries and museums in all directions. Hope to have you back while the wildflowers are still in full bloom!

All the best,

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our room was large, clean, and the bed was super comfortable. We got in late on our first night so ordered room service. Food was good and service was fast. The location is great... it is located right on the river walk and in walking distance to Alamo and other attractions.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for the review. I hope you had a chance to explore the Riverwalk and the rest of San Antonio during your stay! If not, you should certainly come back for a fun getaway. We'd love to have you.