“High End SA flavor cuisine”
Review of Sustenio

Sustenio
Reserve with OpenTable
Sustenio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 34
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I10 and La Cantera Parkway
Description: Come home to Sustenio restaurant & bar and experience the local food you crave from Texas' first James Beard Award winner and the leading authority on Modern Texas Cuisine, celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles. Sourced from local Hill Country farmers and purveyors, the "wood-fired meets cast iron" menu includes everything from small plates at the bar to a contemporary take on comforting dishes, such as Honey-Fried Chicken and Hickory-Grilled Cowboy Ribeye. Pyles has added his familiar favorite signature Texas dishes and cocktails for San Antonio and the Hill Country to the menu. Welcome home to the relaxed bar, dining room and lounge at Sustenio overlooking the Texas Hill Country at the Eilan Hotel & Spa.
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and i attended a tasting with wine pairing for our anniversary.
Great menu with high end ambiance.
The staff is super attentive yet allows for desired seclusion.
I would give Sustenio and it's chefs Cohen and Alex 11 out of 10 stars.
It is all very delicious but the ahi tuna ceviche and chicharron with pimento cheese sauce would have to be my favorites.
It is a perfect dinner to share with your spouse.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this restaurant on 3 separate trips to San Antonio. Wonderful food. Friend got the veggie plate and she said t was superior. Their salmon is delicious. Beautiful food presentation. Staff is wonderful. Yummy desserts.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Food excellent and our server Bekah Alonzo was superb. She was extremely personable and professional. Our glasses were never empty, she constantly checked in on us to see if we needed anything. GREAT evening!! Thank you Bekah!!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Stayed at the hotel recently and asked where was a quick place to grab a good meal, the Agent\Concierge upfront, J-M listed off a couple of places of interest but really talked up the in house restaurant "Sustenio" and a bartender Shelby Lee. So on his word I gave it a try, and was not disappointed. The Salmon was delicious and little Shelby Lee was very professional and fun to talk to. She can make a mean Manhattan as well . I glad they have a restaurant of this caliber right in the hotel

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I’m very late in posting this review because shortly after we held a birthday party for my mother at Sustenio she passed away. My mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier in the year. About two weeks before her 73rd birthday, we decided we should do something special. Sustenio was recommended by some friends so we called to see about getting a private room for about 30 people.

To put it mildly - the staff was incredible! Everyone from the chef to the event coordinator to the servers blew us away with their kindness, sympathy and attention to detail. They made every accommodation needed to make mom comfortable and insure our family and friends had a great time. They even let us decorate the room using our super hero theme. On top of that, the food was delicious!

At the time, we didn’t know that this would be our last big celebration with mom and now that we do know, we are so grateful that we had it at Sustenio and with support from the wonderful staff listed below:

· Olrick Johnson (Restaurant Manager)
· Nancy Hinojosa (Supervisor)
· Jo Ann Rodriguez (Restaurant Sales Coordinator)
· Chef Ashby Cowart (Chef)
· Chef Joshua Paprocki (Chef)
· Chef Eric Dunahugh (Chef)
· Chef Santiago De Luna (Chef)
· Chef Ernest Lopez (Pastry Chef)
· Becca Alonzo (Wait Staff)
· Shelby Dockery (Wait Staff, Bartender)

I would like to give extra special recognition to Jo Ann who helped plan every detail of our event, Nancy and Becca who made sure every wish we had was attended to. And finally executive Chef John Herdman who helped make all of the connections to make it perfect!

Thank you all! You truly made it a priceless memory for all of us.

Please consider Sustenio for any events you are considering. They are true professionals at the top of their game.

1  Thank 94brandit