See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The sign in the lobby of this Motel 6 stated “Great Room/Great Service/Great Price.” It apparently does not apply to this property which has numerous issues with each attribute. I booked this room directly on the Motel 6 website with a refrigerator at an extra cost. Upon arrival we were given a room where the refrigerator had what could only be described as a small iceberg filling up the refrigerator area, leaving no room for food and not cooling properly. We were then given a room that directly faced the highway, which was very noisy and loud—closing the door barely made a difference in the noise level. The window casing had a ½ inch gap in it allowing the hot Texas air to flow freely into the room. There was also a gap between the wall and the A/C unit where I could see the light of day. It’s amazing that the room stayed cool at all. No housekeeping, not even to remove trash. I had requested that the bed coverings/blankets be replaced—not an unreasonable request given that both in our room had stains and burns in them—but that was not done. The last night we were there bugs started showing up inside our room. All this after the Motel 6 website and confirming email falsely quoted a total cost that included tax, but that apparently did not as we were charged an additional 20% in taxes and fees when we checked in. The front desk clerked showed what was on his screen for my reservation and the amount shown as the “rate including tax” that my reservation stated corresponded to the room rate only and so in truth did not include any taxes and fees. I’ve made online reservations through other hotels’ websites and ended up paying the exact amount, including taxes, quoted in the reservation so I know it can be done. Furthermore, the rate more that doubled for two nights we were there, taking it from “budget” to “mid-range.” How Motel 6 and this particular property get away with these practices is beyond me. Having a room truthfully quoted and free of bugs, stains, burns, and non-working appliances that you've paid extra for is not too much to ask for. They should be ashamed of themselves. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. My daughter's dad works odd hours in San Antonio but does not live in town. Sometimes we like to come stay and spend time with him so he doesn't have to drive so much. Well rooms have been fairly decent not the cleanest but you get what you pay for. Our most recent visit in October we decided to stay the night before my daughter's first birthday as we had errands to run early. Well first room we get is not cleaned at all and restroom door is completely broken so I went and let them know and was given another room which seemed decent upon entering. We were tired so we laid down for a nap. My daughter was on top of the sheets covered in her own blanket from home. We woke up about an hour later to find ants upon furthe inspection inside the sheets and on in the floor in corners. My daughter was bit. I went and spoke with front desk and was told the manager was unavailable but would contact me. Never happened. So upon checkout I again asked to speak with her. It took about 20 min. Back and forth with front desk insisting that I speak with her for her to decide to come out of her office. I showed her pictures of my daughter and attempted to speak to her calmly regarding her cleaning crew as we had stayed there before and hadn't had issues this severe. It was usually a tv not working or trash not removed. She was very rude would not even have a conversation with me instead cut me off and asked what I want and if I was expecting a refund. Originally i was hoping for a deal on a next visit or partial refund but I accepted it was my daughter's birthday and I wanted to leave. A month later and last minute had to stay there again so I made a reservation a few hours ahead only to only to be told upon arrival I was on the "do not rent list".

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel a bit old and run down
Visit only if you get a really good price.
Daily room service can be improved.
Vending machines can be empty so take water and necessities with you.
Elevator out of service
10 mins to Sea World, close to restaurants
Can get noisy being next to highway and as other travellers arrive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariano M
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Beds were small, tiny room. They didn't change the linen, make beds, really didn't do anything for you without asking. It was clean but no frills. Near 2 main roads so a little scary getting into & out of parking lot. Lots of eateries near with a good selection types.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JimandCarol M
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend (checked in Friday 07/01 thru Sun 07/03) one thing you have to believe from these reviews is the super mega thin walls... Believe me when I say YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING your neighbor is doing!! That includes if they are being intimate, they have a crying baby, flushing the toilet, snoring, coughing, opening the door, walking down the hall! EVERYTHING! It is super cheap rates to stay close to Sea World/Fiesta Texas but as they say, you get what you pay for... We literally would get there at 11pm super tired and be out by 9am by the next day... But we contributed to the noise by just sleeping with the TV one... We only saw staff during check in and during check out and they are not a friendly staff at all... Overall, on the positive side, it was safe place, somewhat clean, and the beds were comfy although very flat pillows...

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family