1,283 results
All reviews mission style overflow lot the river walk commerce street within walking distance best westerns alamo dome convention center coffee table parking fee hot breakfast waffles light sleeper great place to stay historic building sitting area rooms are large
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in San Antonio. I was really impressed! Great location, clean rooms, tidy and very cute lobby. They have a hot breakfast, which is totally adequate. I really liked this location because it's a quick walk to the Riverwalk and the Alamo, but it's not ON the Riverwalk. We stayed on a Saturday night, and while I can see why some people might want to stay on the Riverwalk, I like my sleep and the Riverwalk can get hootie-wild and loud. This was perfect because it was so close and yet just far enough away. Two thumbs up. Another Best Western win.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sunset Suites-Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Woody Allen once said, "The secret to happiness is having a close knit family, living far away"...it sounds like that works for the River Walk as well, close enough to walk but far away so you can sleep well :). We're glad you came to visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

My stay at this hotel was very comfortable. The room was real clean and the bed was so soft. Easy access to highways. Check in Staff was pretty bland but the lady who checked me out was so nice and upbeat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your post. We're so glad you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our guest room suites...and it sounds like you met both our newly hired and more experienced staff at the desk; before long, on your return you'll see everyone as cheerful (less bland) as the rest. We'll make sure of that :).

Reviewed 14 October 2017

From this hotel it is an easy walk to the River Walk, Alamo or Tower of the Americas. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and I liked the Mission style furniture. We had a beautiful view of the Tower of the Americas from our room. Overall it was a great experience. Here are some of the details that might give someone concern: There was a football game and other activities nearby on one of the nights of our stay and this caused a lot of traffic noise, even though we were on the forth floor it was loud. Breakfast was typical stuff. We came down about 15 minutes before the end of breakfast and there was only a couple pieces of ham left and if you get there earlier you can have real dishes (not plastic). It was a long wait to get down the elevator in the morning (I think it was tied up by housekeeping).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orphie27

Thank you so much for your feedback. Compliments, suggestions and recommendations are always taken to heart and we will continue to do our best to make your stay an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I was somewhat concerned when I read reviews saying this hotel was in a bad area of town. Any major city has its share of vagrants and colorful people who hang out in the downtown area and San Antonio is no different. I found the area to be typical of the downtown areas of major cities I have visited and neither the area or the people were threatening to me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your post. Anytime you're out of the comfort of your own home, neighborhood or town, things look different...but you're absolutely correct; San Antonio is infact one of the safest destinations with a bustling downtown tourism and convention business. A friendly smile and attention to everyone around you, including a helping hand to someone in need is the norm whether you're on Main Street at home, or River Walk in San Antonio.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very helpful staff, clean hotel, close to city. I enjoyed my experience completely. I would stay at this Best Western in the future and consider Best Western Hotels everywhere in the USA and overseas.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tony V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sunset Suites-Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed having you. We're glad we represented our brand well, and most importantly we're glad that our staff's hospitality made your trip to San Antonio enjoyable. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back.