“Traveling through area”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #351 of 4,986 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We spent a couple nights in San Antonio. We went on a Wednesday night getting there about 3:30. It was Happy Hour $2.49 marguerites and beer specials. I ordered the Wacky Wednesday Steak and Grilled Shrimp Special with house salad and a baked sweet potato $9.99 Very good. My husband got the Road Kill $8.99
We are not fond of chain restaurants but Texas Road house is the exception

Reviewed 18 February 2017

That sums it up . I usually sit at the bar after a day in the office. The staff is always great and attentive and quick to deliver the order. There seem to be always a bunch of regulars sitting at the bar - a pretty decent crowd. The food is pretty good. Not the best New York strip I have...but the next best one is probably twice as much. It is always cooked to perfection with a pink center as ordered. Less that 25 bucks for a quality meal like that plus some good and fresh beer at reasonable prices makes that a great place for dinner !

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We went here for a family birthday celebration and arrived before the 6 pm cutoff time for the $8.99 menu. Sweet! I had a sirloin, and one of my sides was salad. I sent the salad back because on the original one they served me, the lettuce was yellowing and looked "not fresh". Our waitress was very nice and returned with a fresh replacement.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

My wife and I visit this place once or twice a month for an "Early Bird" dinner (4 to 6 PM, I think). Service is always prompt and friendly and we have been very happy with the food. I often get the "road kill", a chopped steak smothered with cheese, onions, and mushrooms. Large portion with 2 sides. My other favorite is the 6 oz. sirloin which is usually surprisingly tender and flavorful for sirloin. My wife even remarked once that she thought they might have accidently given her a filet. These plus several other options are less than $10. I also love the dinner rolls served with honey butter. Quantity and quality in my opinion.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We wen here for dinner and since we were in the mood for ribs, we both got a half rack.
I also got a house salad and a baked sweet potato. My wife got A house salad and broccoli.
The ribs were excellent. Fall off the bone delicious. The Potato, broccoli and salad were also delicious.
Normally I wouldn't expect ribs this good at a steak house, but they were excellent.