“Maria S. "Bravo Zulu to the Staff"”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World
Ranked #194 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We would like to express my appreciation to all the staff at the hotel. We have stayed at different hotels throughout the U.S., mostly four-star hotels. This has been the best, as far as customer service, friendly and helpful. I am a grandmother of seven wonderful children. Our stay was very memorable due to our clean room, needs met and overall professional staff. My special thanks and appreciation to Christina, Victor, Sarah and Maria. This hotel is blessed to have such wonderful staff. We will definite will stay at your hotel, when we come to visit with my daughter and family in San Antonio. On behalf of all my family, thank you, thank you. Maria S.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria S
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Maria S,
Everyone on the staff was very grateful for your kind words and we were happy to have you as our guest. Thank you for completing this review. I am fortunate to have such a strong staff at this property and we're all enjoying making this property the family friendly place that it was designed to be. With our proximity to SeaWorld and the downtown area this is a great place for a family gathering and I'm happy that you had a good time. We hope to see you back here again very soon!
Red Roof Inn San Antonio SeaWorld
i0240@redroof.com 210-509-3434 ext. 402

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Ruby at the front desk was awesome. She was so helpful and extremely nice. Best customer service. Highly recommend this hotel thanks to Ruby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lindsay S,
Ruby was touched to be mentioned in your review. Thank you for taking time out to tell me about how important she was to your stay. Over the past few months we've made a lot of improvements to the hotel and everyone on the staff is beginning to get excited. Customer feedback has been very positive and this has the affect of making everyone try just a little bit harder. We're happy that your stay went well and hope you will come back and visit us again very soon.
Red Roof Inn San Antonio West / SeaWorld
i0240@redroof.com 210-509-3434

Reviewed 23 February 2012

They have and show a complete understanding of customer service. Huge thanks to Mike, he was AMAZING! He went over and beyond for me and I am super appreciative! As well as Sarah! Matter of fact, all of the staff is very helpful. This hotel is totally accepting of my big dogs, which is hard to find in San Antonio.

Room Tip: The rooms are pretty sound proof. I have the king rm and it's more than spacious enough to stay...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Morgan G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review telling us about your recent stay. I shared your comments with Mike and the rest of the staff and they indicated they were happy to help. It has been a pleasure having you as our guest and we are just glad that everything turned out alright.
Red Roof Inn San Antonio West / SeaWorld
i0240@redroof.com 210-509-3434

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The room was nice. I stayed only overnight which is what it is great for... a cheap overnight hotel. Close by to many restaurants and a mall nearby. Would not recommend for family. Rooms average $40-50 per night. Include basic TV, a decent bed, and a small pool. VERY small reception area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
RRI240, Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Antonio NW/Sea World Red Roof.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Again, thank you for your response, we hope you will consider using Red Roof Inn's again in the future. Especially, Red Roof Inn San Antonio NW/ Sea World

Respectfully,

Dave Vanderhoof
Interim General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2011

There are at least a dozen other hotels near this one, some within walking distance...go to one of them!!!

I have stayed at a Red Roof in before and thought this would be similar, boy was I wrong. My family and I checked in at about 9pm this past Friday; I went in to get the keys to our room, took the baggage carry out to my car loaded up and went in to our room, When we walked in we noticed the trash hadn't been taken out then we realized the beds were not made and that there were dirty towels on the bathroom floor still...wow, they gave us a dirty room. I went back downstairs and told them and got another room. I know miscommunication maybe the housekeepers skipped that room and forgot to tell the front desk, I won't hold it against them. Well...the next room we got I 'm pretty sure wasn't clean either. When I turned to go get my baggage cart the front desk staff ran to the room to make sure it was clean and then came in to tell me they were putting clean pillow cases on the bed. I'm pretty sure they made up that bed hastily before we made our way down the elevator and to the room. But still it gets worse. The room smelled of mold, the beds were so hard and uncomfortable, there were crumbs on the floor, Cheetos behind the tv, a gummy substance on the remote, the top cover was sticky, and there was hair in the mini fridge and all on the floor of the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, the bottom of the tub is black...I didn't even want to use it!! We would have went to another hotel but being July 4th weekend all the other places were booked unless we wanted to pay $250+ a night.

Until someone makes this place better you should not stay there!!!!! I was worried about bed bugs because all I did was itch and scratch while lying in the bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsMommy316
Shadeed71, Floating GM at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for posting your concerns with our hotel during your stay. We would like to apologize for your experience as this is not something we would want repeated. Our team takes all of our guest concerns seriously and will immediately pass this information on and utilize it as a learning tool. Please be assured that all of your issues will be addressed promptly. We would like to extend an invitation for you to return so that you may see the improvements made since your departure.

Mark Forcelledo Floating GM