“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #1,777 of 4,880 Restaurants in San Antonio
Neighbourhood: Stone Oak
Neighbourhood: Stone Oak
Reviewed 5 September 2021

I ordered several tacos for my family. We usually order the family pack but apparently they no longer offer that. I realized immediately after placing the order that I left off two tacos. I called and was told, no problem, they’re added to your order. I clarified that I didn’t need to do anything else, that we would get the tacos. The person I spoke with confirmed it. When we got our food, we didn’t have the tacos. I called snd this time was rudely told since I didn’t pay for them, they weren’t placed in our order, then the person hung up on me. Of course I expected to pay for them, the person I spoke with said they were added to our order, so I assumed our total would be adjusted. I certainly didn’t expect to be hung up on. No more Torchys for us. So disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

I had not been to a Torchy’s Tacos in quite awhile. It was a very busy day and I had skipped lunch. It was approaching 4pm and as I was wrapping up my work day, I thought I’d get my order of Torchy’s “to go”. I ordered queso & chips, guacamole & chips and 3 tacos on yummy flour tortillas. I ordered the Crossroads ( Brisket, Cilantro,  Grilled onions,  Jalapeños,  Avocado,  Jack cheese & Tomatillo sauce), the Tipsy Chick (Chicken Fajita, Cheddar,  Corn,  Green Chiles,  Spinach,  Bacon Bourbon Marmalade,  & Chipotle Ranch) and Mr. Orange (Salmon, Cilantro,  Black Bean & Corn Relish,  & Poblano Ranch). I went back to my hotel and enjoyed it with a Japanese Sapporo beer that I had purchased earlier. I ate about a third of the queso and chips—always excellent! Then, tried the salmon and beef tacos. They both really hit the spot and I decided to save the Tipsy Chick taco for a late night snack or breakfast! Also, I tried a few bites of their creamy guacamole, but wound up keeping it cool and taking it home and using it for a quite excellent avocado toast for a couple of breakfasts. I don’t know what magic they mix with the avocados, but somehow it stayed fresh & green for 2 breakfasts and tasted great! The take out dinner was just what I wanted and needed, and more importantly, I realized my visits to Torchy’s should not be so infrequent!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 26 April 2021

I had the coconut shrimp taco - excellent. Others had their chicken taco and a burrito along with chips and queso, a bit hot but good.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

Been wanting to go here since they opened and we finally got the chance. Food was good, my wife had a trailer taco and a shrimp taco. She raved about them but they were ok by me. I had a burrito that seemed to lack protein, but was good anyway. The chips and salsa were also tasty. Service was excellent.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

Not Authentic Mexican Food , if you want Authentic Mexican Tacos don’t go here. It’s White people tacos. I ordered Carnitas Taco and it was just shredded pork. We order take out and the order was completely wrong. We want to try it but won’t be back. Oh , the service sucked also

Date of visit: November 2020