“Sunday night eats”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Been several years since I had been to the best gas station / BBQ place ever. Had bad timing as the brisket was a 40 minutes wait do did the chopped combo and a sausage link. Good eating!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Rudy’s was recommended, several times, to us as the best BBQ around. Everyone was right!! We all tried almost the entire menu & everything was amazing! The staff was so friendly & helpful. They all were grateful to my new Air Force graduate cousin & shook her hand. Gave her a discount on her meal, greatly appreciated! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I decided to dine here after we dropped the kids off at Sea World camp and I am by no means a Barbecue expert, but I did enjoy the food. I had the brisket and my wife had the turkey and I thought both were really good along with the sauce. I thought it was pretty authentic, you can smell the smoke as you are coming in, and I dined at Bill Miller's and Rudy's and Rudy's is way better. I also enjoyed the creamed corn and peach cobbler. There are quite a few Texas barbecue restaurants to hit, but when we were there we saw a number of paramedics, police, and military as customers at lunch. You can sit outside with the breeze or inside with the air conditioning. It's a meal without all the frills, but I liked the experience and I thought the food was good. We will definitely be back on our next trip.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We took our daughter and son-in-law and two granddaughters here. Overall, it’s just average BBQ. We were at Granzin BBQ in New Braunfels just the day before, which we feel is overall much better. We had their brisket and turkey (both sliced) which were average. Sauce is personal preference, but there is only one variety. Rudy’s is walk-up, order and take it away or to your table either inside or out. Very country-like indoors; fairly clean. Rudy’s specialty, if you will, is probably their cream corn. It’s similar to how my grandma made hers. Rudy’s potato salad is just super. They don’t serve baked beans, but rather pinto beans which, in in at least two people’s opinions in our party were pretty lackluster. Overall, just an average BBQ lunch. Our granddaughters thought the ice cream cones were pretty darn special! I give them an A+ for having that available for the youngsters!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This place always has amazing barbeque and they give military discounts to active and veterans. They actually ask you if you are military or prior military. They offer samples and their food is amazing. It is a true bbq place where the seating is outside and you sit at picnic tables in the shade. I love it!