2,385 results
All reviewsevening receptionthe river walkmade to order omeletsmanagers receptioncorner suitevalet parkingfree happy hourseparate bedroomsan antonio riverwalkfree drinkscomplimentary breakfastliving areavalet staffbeautiful hotelwould definitely stay here againeasy accessper day
Reviewed 16 February 2018

I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites for 5 days during the end of January 2018 for business.

The Embassy is a 4* hotel. However, the service I received and amenities offered, in my opinion, was definitely 5 star. I stayed on 9th floor in a spacious and comfortable suite, which included a kitchen with most amenities, dining area, lounge area with big TV, a bathroom with a shower over the bath tub, a closet, ample cupboard space, a safe, a bedroom with a big TV, work space and the bed was queen sized, however, incredibly comfortable and the linen was of excellent quality. The view from my balcony was out of this world and was the best part of the room.

I most enjoyed the daily reception at the bar for complimentary drinks from 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Firstly, as a South African drinks are quite expensive in US hotels and secondly, it was such a great opportunity to interact with other guests and the hotel staff. The bartender, Craig for Hawaii was such an efficient, friendly and attentive host. In addition, he mixes killer drinks, particularly the Michelada (Mexican version of a bloody Mary).

Breakfasts were served buffet style and were delicious, however, I didn't enjoy the coffee.The amenities offered were great including a pool and a very relaxing jacuzzi that I utilised daily.

The location is so close to the Riverwalk, which made my whole trip and ensured I had an incredible time despite having to work for most of the stay.

Room Tip: Corner suite from 9th floor and above and be sure to remember o request a robe.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TamarynTesselaar
Scott D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The hotel lobby is in decent shape. The breakfast buffet was good and the people that worked the buffet area were great. They kept everything very clean and picked up plates quickly. The happy hour was also good and that area was also very well kept. However, the room is getting very worn and the cleaning service was pretty non-existent. We had to request towels and toilet paper! We called to ask when our room would be cleaned and were told 1:30 p.m. It was already 2:15 p.m. We had difficulties checking in as I had booked through reservations.com. The hotel staff couldn't find the other room we reserved. After calls to reservations.com the next morning we found the other room confirmation number but the manager would not let us have the room for the 2nd night because "you're not paying for the room, Expedia is so we can't give it to you." Really??? They did get paid for it. They were not cooperative at all. Also, we are Hilton Honors members which obviously meant nothing to the manager and desk staff. They were not willing to work the problem out with us at all. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank CGB01172012
Scott D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The hotel was very nice and close to many restaurants and bars on the riverwalk. It was easy to walk to everything we wanted to do. The night time lounge was very enjoyable. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Great Hotel close to Riverwalk service is excellent and staff is very friendly and helpful. The complimentary happy hour was nice. Breakfast was good and very convenient when rushing out in the mornings

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Scott D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Riverwalk and for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed complimentary evening reception and complimentary cook to order breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

The hotel was gorgeous and was so convenient with its location on Riverwalk. We were in town for our son’s graduation at Lackland AFB. Was about a 20-25 minute drive. The only drawback is the ongoing road construction. The hotel itself was wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Scott D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for the great review and rating. We love hosting families for Air Force graduations. The road construction around the hotel is almost complete. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the San Antonio area.

Scott Douglas