1,845 results
All reviews great location garden tub haunted hotel alamo view the river walk warm cookies double tree directly across the street beautiful hotel valet parking within walking distance historic building valet service great room upon check convention center oro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not worth the money. The appeal of staying in such a historically rich hotel with a great location was very disappointing. I expected more from the price I paid with a clean room, good parking or decent valet. I will be very hesitant to stay there again. Although the view and location was great, I believe a better hotel a block over in any direction will be where I stay next time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
EmilyMorganGM, General Manager at Emily Morgan Hotel - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location but I apologize for all the inconveniences during your stay. We have noted your comments and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to make this up to you. Thank you. - Kole Siefken, General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am sitting in the hotel bar writing this. What an extraordinary property! I was in San Antonio for a conference at a Marriott, but being a HHonors member, I searched for options. Although there are several Hiltons to choose from, I picked Emily Morgan because of its location and historic value (ok, plus the cookie upon check-in). It is literally (properly used) across the street from the Alamo. The bar is historic and swanky - jazz music playing, sports on TV - visual of the Alamo and other historic elements. Now, I never, ever remember names of employees, but here, two stood out to me beyond expectations. One, Dillon, is my personal hero. He rescued me from a 1/2 mile walk in the rain this morning by finding me transportation to my conference. And two, Adrian, in the bar. What a delight! He was friendly, engaged and a true cocktail master. I would stay here again without hesitation! Lovely, well managed, special property.

1  Thank deborahsG6055DS
EmilyMorganGM, Owner at Emily Morgan Hotel - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Deborah, thank you for taking the time to share your heart warming review with us! I'm so happy to hear you have nothing but kind words to say about your stay. We're happy to hear that Dillon and Adrian provided you with top-notch service and I will be sure to share your words of gratitude with them on your behalf. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Take care. - Kole Siefken, General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2018

On the plus side, staff did seem nice. But that doesn’t compensate for slow service, rooms not cleaned until after 7pm, and disappointing restaurant service. It’s one thing to be a historic hotel—another just to feel old and run down. The elevators even went out one night with 200 band kids and me on the 14th floor—obviously not the work out I was looking for. There are other choices for the price.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
koles672, General Manager at Emily Morgan Hotel - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jenny:

Thank you for telling us about your experience in our hotel. We do apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and we will diligently work to resolve them as quickly as possible. Thank you for mentioning that our team members were friendly and we do hope that you will provide us a second chance to impress you when you visit San Antonio again.

Kole Siefken

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The Emily Morgan by Doubletree is not only a great hotel but has so much history behind it.

We very much enjoyed our stay as we had a room overlooking The Alamo. This hotel is very clean and very well kept. The employees out front always greet you with a smile and the front desk handles all requests promptly.

Our room was very spacious and had a lot to offer. We stayed on the 3rd floor and you could not beat the view we had of such a historic place.

I will warn some people of this hotel though. Nothing I am saying is bad but may affect how people view this hotel. The hotel is very old yet they have done a great job of meshing how old it is with a new style. That being said, it used to be a medical arts building so there is a distinct feel to it. Our hallway definitely smelled like a clean doctors office.

There are also tales that this hotel is haunted. Many stories are out there and it is even a stop on many ghost tours. I saw nothing during our 4 day stay that would have proved the hauntings. This was not listed on the website when we booked so just wanted people to have that in mind.

Lastly, they do not offer a shuttle like it says on their website. On their site it says they offer rides anywhere within a 3 mile radius. When we asked them for a ride we were told they don’t do that and they meant to take it off their website.

Overall this is a fantastic and historical hotel. Our experience was really great and I would encourage others to give this a try

Trip type: Travelled with family
EmilyMorganGM, General Manager at Emily Morgan Hotel - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I'm delighted to know you enjoyed the view, and appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback. Thanks for your recommendation, and I hope you'll choose The Emily Morgan during your next visit to SA. - Kole Siefken, General Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2018

This was a business trip but I can't wait to come back with husband or friends. Excellent customer service and absolutely loved my room! The location is perfect since it's right across from the Alamo and the River Walk!

Date of stay: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the fantastic review! I'm thrilled to know how impressed you were with your stay, and I look forward to many more. - Kole Siefken, General Manager