“Candlewood,S Laredo St” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites San Antonio Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Candlewood Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #128 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Yoakum, Texas
“Candlewood,S Laredo St”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is an excellent motel for extended stays. The suites with all the kitchen amenities are very nice.

Good people, quiet and always clean with plenty of parking.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Well, it was a great pleasure staying here at the candlewood suites. From the moment I arrived we were greeted with a smile. My first impression was while is this services like this all the time and yes it is.The staff is great always willing to lend a hand to you.The people here are my extend family here at the candlewood suites. I will not stay anywhere else but here when I return to the san antonio area.My stay was about five months longs and I have enjoyed every minute of my stay. If you are person or family that truly enjoys the feeling of home than the candlewood is the place to be for your stay. I have never been to a hotel where everyone knows your name and takes the time to talk to you and greet you daily. The housekeeping will blow you away where there cleaning. From the time they get here cleaning is taking place all the time seven days a week. I could go on and on about this hotel but really come and see them for yourself and you will be blow away too. I will be back next year for another long term stay so until next year come over and stay at one of the best hotels in the downtown san antonio area you will not be disappointed here. Love you my candlewood family home away from home and i will miss you all.

Room Tip: If you have kids you may want to get a executive suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank marcus h
Tempe, Az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Although this is a relatively new property it definitely is Not close to the downtown area or the Riverwalk! The location is over a mile to downtown and it's actually in a rather commerical type vicinity. Nice price for a Suite with small pool and jacuzzi outside. However, there are no restaurants or fast food places nearby. Next time I'd prefer to be near the Riverwalk and other downtown SA attractions!

Room Tip: Make a reservation in advance!
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank DaveNTempe
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Let's see where do I start with this hotel....

Firstly, the hotel couldn't find our reservation when we checked in last Tuesday, the lady at Front desk was very nice and had to make a new reservation and get the IHG res to cancel theirs.

Secondly, I got charged for a Candlewood suites hotel at The Woodlands in TX, which myself and my boyfriend had never ever stayed at! This is now pending payment going back to my account.

Thirdly, I had left the USA on 6th June to return back to the UK, and paid partial amount on the bill, whilst my partner stayed an extra night before checking out. When he checked out, the hotel charged my card!
This is now going to be refunded back to me, but I will NOT be staying at ANY of the IHG hotels from now on. I am a priority club member, and believe this is such a huge error and distress to cause someone! All my money had gone because of the hotel and I have been left distressed trying to get money back.

I have spoken to guest relations here in the UK who is going to help to sort this out.

I will not recommend this hotel to ANYONE, due to the fact that if you guarantee a hotel and are advised you pay when you CHECK OUT, you are not automatically charged unless you want to pay by another means.

I am very unhappy and this hotel is not recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

My wife and I have been most impressed with our two-day stay at this hotel. Easy to find even without GPS. Our ground-floor room was on the opposite side of the HWY and was appropriate for a good night of sleep.
The room was clean, attractively decorated, the beds were comfortable. The listing of TV channels was of a great help for the Canadian guest that we were.
THe staff has been very helpful. We enjoyed the whirpool and regretted that the pool was not heated. The little store and its managing system were convenient and appropriate.
Although we were there during the weekend, being less than a mile from downtown, diving anywhere was easy and rapid.
This hotel offers remarkable value for the price of its rooms. Greatly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple