“Decent Location...EXPENSIVE”

Ranked #38 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Orange Park, Florida
“Decent Location...EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Yes this property is on the Riverwalk....but there is nothing around it. You have to walk a few blocks to find some of the action. It wss pretty pricey for the location, but the hotel was decent. I've stayed in much nicer Hyatt Place properties for much cheaper. Staff was friendly but the espresso machine was broke. You are able to walk to the river walk from this hotel.

2 Thank jasonc001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I like Hyatts and the comments from other reviewers that said the hotel was good to very good were ones I would agree with. It is one block from the Alamo and on the riverwalk. The bedding has the nice white cotton duvet and starched sheets. The rooms are quiet.

1 Thank BluDragonFlyer
Reviewed 22 March 2012

First room we entered had spots of food on the comforter. They were accommodating by moving us to another room , However that room was not clean either, there was something sticky and gooey on the ottoman and behind the ottoman was trash. This was just disappointing , I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in bed because they obviously don't wash there comforters so whose to say they actually change there sheets after a guest stay? He breakfast was pretty good and overall the staff was pretty nice . But compared to other hyatt I have stayed at this one is not he best .

• Stayed March 2012
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Female traveling for work. I booked this hotel because it was the last place I could find available. (I had no idea it was spring break.)

Hotel itself is nice enough. I was booked into a Handicap room, which was not OK, however it was the last room available. I will not comment on that room because it didn't fit my needs. I requested a room change the next day and was given one without incident.

I was moved into a King room, street side. The room is large and has plenty of space. The bathroom area is ok. The shower is large and was nice enough. (No tub.) The bed was comfortable. I didn't have any problems with any noise, but I always wear ear plugs anyway. Some have commented on the room not being clean. This was not the case with my stay. I thought my room was very clean.

There is a sink and fridge area. The fridge wasn't the coldest, but I cranked it all the way up and it worked "ok".

The desk area was handy - especially for someone traveling for work.

Riverwalk - If being close to the Riverwalk attractions is important, then stay somewhere else. I inquired at the desk the first day if it was safe to walk the distance to the attractions. The clerk assured me that it was. I can tell you that I did NOT feel safe, being a female traveling alone.

I have stayed on the Riverwalk for years now, this hotel is quite a distance from restaurants, shopping, etc. You can walk out the back door and be right on the river, but it is not where the attractions are. I felt isolated walking by myself. On my way back to the hotel at night, I figured it would be quicker to go street-side and cut the time/distance. I actually waited for a group of others heading my way and followed closely behind. Personally, I would not recommend it alone... just sayin. If you have others with you, you might feel differently. The next night I drove closer to the Riverwalk and paid to park.

The hotel free parking is nice if that is important to you. My company pays for parking, so I would rather valet and be closer.

I cannot comment on breakfast as I didn't ever go down for it.

The pool area was nice enough - I went out and read for awhile. The actual water was pretty cluttered with leaves and soggy potato chips... don't know what was up with that... Not sure I would have let my kids swim or not (had they been with me).

Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We took our son for a 3 day birthday trip in December 2011. We were all thrilled with this Hyatt! We got a great room with lots of space! The folks there were very accommodating and so sweet. There is free parking and free wi-fi! Yay!

Room Tip: There was no access to the Riverwalk at the time, but we weren't needing one anyhow as we had mo...