This Homewood Suites is like the typical. The upside of cookie-cutter properties is that you know what to expect. The downside is tedium. If you've ever stayed at a Homewood Suites then you already know what to expect. Here is how this one is different and a few observations.
It is right off 1604 (divided highway). There are a couple of places to eat nearby (walking distance) but not many. However, one exit down the highway are a series of strip centers (Target, Lowe's, grocery stores, fast food etc). I found the signage a little lacking. I could see the hotel - but there are a number of businesses with different entrances and the hotel's sign was hard to locate initially.
The room has no doors except for the bathroom door - which is unusually large. It's as though the design was for an accessible room but then they changed their minds. The problem is that the door blocks the closet and sink area. If you are alone it's not a proble. If you have a couple of folks trying to get ready in the morning it would be a bigger annoyance.
The bathroom is shower only (no tub). That was fine for me, and the website may actually tell you that and I just missed it, but if I were travelling with kids and needed a tub that would have been a surprise for me.
I thought the breakfast was a little unusual in that there were no eggs. There was bacon one day and suusage the next, there were carb options (bread, oatmeal, pancakes etc) but no eggs. I was there for 2 days and it was the same both days - I thought that was strange.
The room is quite large. The kitchen is stocked with plates and utensils etc so it is quite functional. The bed and linens are good quality. The bath towels could stand to be updated - reminded me of the gym towels issued at the YMCA.
Overall it was quite fnctional - not luxurious - but functional with a few quirks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 15 minutes from San Antonio International Airport in the Stone Oak Business District, the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio North offers convenient highway access to theme parks and attractions. Our all-suite, five-story hotel is adjacent to Cornerstone Church. Enjoy an extended stay in a spacious suite with amenities to make families and solo travelers feel at home. Make your favorite meal in your fully equipped kitchen or have a barbeque near the pool. Provide us with your grocery list so we can do the shopping to stock your refrigerator. Join us in the lobby for daily complimentary full hot breakfast. Monday through Thursday, enjoy evening dinner and drinks, also included with your stay. Enjoy amenities such as cable television and complimentary high-speed internet access. Feel at home in a spacious studio or one bedroom suite or two featuring a separate living room area with sofa bed. Use our business center for work tasks or to check email. Meet other guests on the basketball court for a quick game. Exercise in the fitness center or outdoor pool. Our Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel is 10 miles from Sea World San Antonio and 7 miles from Six Flags® Fiesta Texas. Take a 15 minute drive to downtown San Antonio, where you can stroll the San Antonio River Walk and explore the Alamo. Browse the diverse stores at The Rim, The Shops at La Cantera shopping districts and along the San Antonio Riverwalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton San Antonio North Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites