“Great Hotel”

Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk
Ranked #11 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel, front desk staff is awesome and so helpful and Georgia Rios was a great host and social hour, which was nice simple fare, thanks to the wonderful owner who walked around and may you feel so welcome.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a great place to stay.
About 4 blocks from Alamo and shopping.
We were here 5 nights, with no complaints.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort_Suites_Owner, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for recognizing our amazing staff. Most people will find that they all take great pride in serving our customers. Everyone that comes here is a "member of our hotel family" and we try to treat all our guests this way. We know there are unlimited choices of hotels but we are different, as you can't always get that "Texas Hospitality" that we pride ourselves in. As a woman owned and operated small boutique hotel, we want make sure that all our guests have an exceptional experience, and will consider Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk their “home away from home.” Safe journeys in all your travels and we hope you return soon to enjoy the festivities, food, and fun of our great city.

Kind regards,
Guest Services

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I was quite overwhelmed not knowing where to begin in finding a room for my daughters military graduation. I had researched all over the internet and began to feel dissatisfied with any decision I was going to make. I scoured through pictures and reviews and had booked another room but just didn't feel quite right. I then started dialing my telephone hoping to ask questions regarding distance from our event and my mothers handicap, etc. I called other hotels unsuccessfully being able to speak with someone on site. I then called comfort suites and the sweetest, patient, knowledgeable young man answered. I finally felt comfortable. So comfortable I asked his name and when he told me his name "Anthony" I replied "I will remember that, it's my nephews name" upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony, he was just as kind and patient as on the phone the week before. He gave us great reassuring directions to base and answered all and any question with a smile. As business owners ourselves we too often hear when customers are not fully satisfied and even when our employees go above and beyond it seems expected. Anthony's hospitality was so above and beyond I will be sure to tell all the future military families coming to their soldiers graduation and anyone else that might listen. Also, the hotel is clean, the hot tub is wonderful and the beds are comfy! I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Comfort_Suites_Owner, Owner at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Annette, I should be giving your family a 5 Star rating along with my staff and the rest of America. Families come here every week from all over the country to attend the military graduation of their sons and daughters. We are proud and honored to be part of that celebration where memories are created. Your family and others have raised amazing young adults that serve our country without question. Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for recognizing my staff. Anthony is our new team leader and trainer and is dedicated to treating guests with respect and kindness. The Mission Statement at my hotel " Treat Every Guest as if they are a member of our Family". Safe journey and "Thank You". Sherry Chaudhry,Owner

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We were voluntary evacuation refugees from Hurricane Harvey. They provided an additional discount for hurricane refugees, free evening snacks, as well as free parking (which normally isn’t the case). Very attentive staff. We weren’t there for the right reasons, but they made it very comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort_Suites_Owner, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Roger W,

I am glad that we were able to provide you with comfortable accommodations during your evacuation due to Hurricane Harvey. We do our best to work with our state and local community in times of need. I do hope you will be able to return and stay with us again when the situation is not as dire, and have more time to explore the sights, sounds, history, culture and flavors of San Antonio.

We love serving our guests but most of all we are dedicated to assisting every guest in having wonderful memories to take back home. We love meeting the many amazing customers that cross our threshold. We wish you safe travels and invite you to come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We are a family of 5 so booked two adjoining rooms. Beds were very comfortable and clean
Staff knowledgeable and friendly
Free breakfast marginal but then again it was free
Easy walk to Riverwalk
Car parking available

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Cara G,

I is always a pleasure to serve our amazing guests from across the globe. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk during your visit to San Antonio. San Antonio has so much to offer residents and visitors, from those just around the corner, as well as from far off places. Many adventures, history, romance, flavors, sounds and treasures of the city await all those who come to get away from home for a day, a week or a month, come and experience the HEART of Texas.

As a small, owner operated hotel, we hope to build lasting relationships with our guests by providing clean, spacious accommodations, as well as exceptional service and amenities. Being a few blocks away from the heart of downtown gives us the opportunity to provide our guest with excellent accommodations and outstanding service at a great value in the downtown San Antonio area. All of our staff members have a genuine interest in each and every guest, making sure their needs are met, with courteous service and friendly Texas hospitality. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Safe journeys,

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed 2 nights in there. Its close to The River Walk but just border of the seedy side. Another fact bothering me was that parking is $20? night even though there have plenty of it. There is no reason one couldn't park on the dead end street next to the hotel for free. I negotiated a $10/ night for my motorcycle. Now to the good part. This is a very classy place., clean with great service.Breakfast was better then average,
If I was traveling with a car I would park in the street 20 ft away from hotel's parking lot and very visible from rooms facing the front

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that you recent stay with us at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk was "almost" perfect. Guest satisfaction is a top priority of the owner, manager, and entire staff. When the owner built this hotel in 2008, she had guests just like you in mind as she tried to build, not just a hotel, but a hotel that would enhance your experience while visiting our historic city of San Antonio. The handmade wrought iron fixtures and chandeliers were made in Mexico as well as all the knotty alder cabinets in the entire hotel. From the wood harvested in the mountains of Mexico, to the hand chiseled travertine stone floors that came from their quarries, the hotel exhibits the true culture, architecture, ambiance and hospitality of the people and history that reside here. She wanted to make sure that our guests experience a relaxing haven, outstanding service and an array of complimentary amenities, all at great value while visiting and exploring San Antonio.

Thanks for recognizing our amazing staff. The owner of the Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk, Sherry Chaudhry, is an inspiration for all of us to provide exceptional service with friendly Texas hospitality. She has a genuine interest in her guests, making sure all their needs are met.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you will stay with us again whenever you are in town. Have a great day!