“Nice and central to the Riverwalk, Courtyard is a good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #48 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Nice and central to the Riverwalk, Courtyard is a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed here with my parents and sister's family for a weekend get-away trip. This was a great hotel! Very central and comfortable. The outdoor pool is very small and HOT in the summer, but it's better than no pool - and it's saltwater, so you don't get that chlorine smell when you hop out. I'd say the only downside was the food in the hotel. We ordered breakfast in the restaurant area, and it was very nasty. I have pretty high standards for food, though. The eggs weren't cooked, I had to send them back, and it took a VERY long time. However, this was the only downside. They have the customary extra (I think $25) for valet parking at the hotel. But with the heat, it is so worth it. You need to call ~20 minutes in advance if you want your car, a little more during peak season. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MDT_Adventures
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was by far one of the best, and nicest courtyards that I've had the pleasure of staying at. The employees at the front desk were incredibly helpful and upgraded me to a single king room, despite the fact that my corporate rate booked me in a 2 queen room. This, coupled with the excellent demeanor of the front desk staff certainly made my night after dealing with a long day in the air.

The rooms are renovated and have a zen like feel to them with boxy light fixtures and japanese inspired decorations. I'd hazard to say that the decor is nicer than some of the full service Marriotts that i've stayed at. The hotel is right on the riverwalk and close to many restaurants. I'd certainly stay here again on business.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor. You'll get less noise from the riverwalk.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We took the kids to sea world but my husband wanted to stay on the riverwalk so we chose this hotel. Very clean,excellent staff and right on riverwalk. The only reason I gave it a 4 was the pool very small and never got a chance to get in the hot tob it was always too full but the valet guys were awesome really helpful and courteous as well as housekeeping. Really worth the money!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights on a Marriott Rewards certificate. Located on the Riverwalk, it is a short walk to restaurants and shopping. We had a 2 queen bed room which was nicely decorated like other Courtyards I have stayed at. The room was fairly small but comfortable. We had a view of the building across the street. Service was excellent. Friendly staff. Like others, I didn't care for the valet-only parking. At $27 per day plus tax, that adds up. The valet staff were good and I didn't have to wait too long for my car.

When I booked this hotel, I wanted something on the RIverwalk with a pool. The picture of the pool looked nice. Pictures can be deceiving. Whoever Photoshopped this picture is excellent at photoshopping pictures. The pool is very small, not the elongated picture shown on Marriott's website. The pool is actually about a third the size of the picture shown. We still enjoyed a quick dip in both the hot tub and the pool when no one else was there.

Not sure I would stay again despite the great service. I would probably look for something else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mromero548
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

As a Marriott Elite member I was "upgraded" to a room with a view of the Druray Hotel parking lot... literally less than 20 feet away... that's it... I could not see anything else. No biggie as I was on biz travel. Mixed review on the customer service... some were really good others could give a hoot. At check in, the lady that was checking us in just “disappeared.” Finally after 15 -20 mins someone asked if they could help us… Really?? No… I think I’ll just sleep on the lobby couch. Ate breakfast in the hotel one day and paid $9.00 for a really sub-par imitation of a "Mac D's" Sausage and egg macmuffin... Convenience comes with a price. I do have to admit room/hotel was super clean every day, those housekeepers’ do work hard. Plenty of space to conduct biz discussion in bar/restaurant area. Could serve as a adequate base for a visit to San Antonio. Don’t expect much and you won’t be disappointed. One bright spot, we ran across a really nice Taxi driver who took us all over and was very responsive to being on call, Alejandro (210.842.4502). This guy is a true gentleman and honest cabbie. Don’t forget to hydrate yourself… Adios.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business