“Best Hilton property at the airport.”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport
Ranked #86 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Hilton property at the airport.”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

If you need to spend an overnight near the San Antonio Airport this is the place to stay. Transportation to and from the airport with very nice rooms in a property that is not to big or small. Rooms are well furnished and very clean. The front desk staff are friendly and are very genuine. Cookies are still warm at check inn and they don't give you a look if you take more than one. The desk person even told me to "help myself there are plenty!"
As a Hilton Diamond I get a free breakfast and the omelet that I was served was very good.
Staying at the airport in San Antonio is boring but when the need arises this is the hotel that I would recommend.

Room Tip: stay away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rszAtlanta_Ga
rbvas881, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. We certainly appreciate our Hilton Honors members, and we look forward to having you back the next time you're in San Antonio.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We got married near San Antonio, drove in just for the night, then planned on catching our flight out of San Antonio for our honeymoon the next morning. When we went out to the car on the way to our flight one of the rear windows was broken and our suitcases packed for the honeymoon were stolen. It is important that you know that we were parked a mere 50 yards from the front door. Unfortunately, the staff at the hotel didn't care and were of no help whatsoever. We did call the local police department and they told us that vehicle break-ins were very common at this particular hotel…they even told me that they specifically told the hotel that they needed to install some sort of security camera or system, and the hotel hasn't. The police were frustrated with this hotel; I wish I had known the unnecessary risk I was taking before I stayed here. Please know the risk before you decide to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnnieDani
rbvas881, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport. I apologize in my delay in responding to your review. Your feedback is very important to me, and I appreciate you take the time to write about our hotel. I am extremely sorry for the experience you had while staying here. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss the situation further. Again, I'm so sorry for your experience, and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Thank you, Rene Vasquez, General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport
Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Upon arrival at the airport, I called for shuttle service and waited nearly 45 minutes for a pick-up. BTW - there's no shadey place to wait. Once I was picked up, the driver was very courteous and apologized for the delay. When I asked about nearby restaurants, I was told there were some and said that he would be happy to take me & pick me up. There aren't any within walking distance. After checking in, I discovered that my room was a smoking room and reeked too much of smoke for me to enjoy my stay. I called down to the desk and was promptly moved to a non-smoking room. The room was quiet, very clean & had a nice bathroom. The air conditioning was a bit loud while turned on. The staff is very friendly and likes to please. I did have dinner at the hotel restaurant. I didn't find too many choices to my liking, but was happy with the service and quality of my meal. If you're in San Antonio on business and need a quiet place to stay, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We had to drive to San Antonia for a relatives wedding. The hotel was close to family and the wedding location. We didn't spend much time at the hotel since we were busy with friends and family.
The hotel was clean and the staff were nice and efficient. I thought breakfast was included, it wasn't. I didn't know because I wasn't the one who booked the room and in most hotels of the same caliber, breakfast is included. I wasn't aware there would be a fee but we were in a hurry so I asked for some to-go containers. I got one small yogurt and a small plastic container to put fruit in. That is all... and it cost me over $5. Pretty expensive and had I known, I would have opted for the convenient store instead.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2011

While not quite as close to the airport as most of the other airport hotels, this one is a bit quieter and parking tends to be easier. It is still within a 10 minute drive. The lobby and rooms are nice and clean, and the staff is helpful. The hotel location off of Highway 281 makes it an easy trip to just about anywhere in town. The only complaint is that the breakfast buffet is good, but pretty pricey. If you have time, the Magnolia Pancake Haus is very close, and a top-rated San Antonio breakfast spot.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family