“Perfectly adequate hotel”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #63 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“Perfectly adequate hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Nice rooms and decent breakfast (lousy coffee) but it has a terrible gym. Love the free apples!
Annoying that the air conditioning had to be either on or off. Hard to regulate the temperature during the night.

Room Tip: Best to be on the side away from the highway as trucks at night make a lot of noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank levinfried
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Just returned from a two night business trip and wanted to stay close to where I had meetings. Hotel is just off of I-410 on Hyatt Place Dr -- most maps show the street name as Amerisuites Drive which must have been what the Hyatt once was. There was ample free parking and breakfast starting at 6:30 am. My room was clean and bed was comfortable, no issues at all. The tub/shower was a little dated but still clean. All staff I encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank brianz09
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed hear for business. Room was very large, clean, & set up nicely for business with separate sleeping, sitting, work areas. Was 10 minutes from airport without traffic. 20 minutes from downtown without traffic. However, seemed there was always traffic in the daylight hours. At first, I was concerned with what appeared to be a shady neighborhood just out my hotel window. However, after cutting through neighborhood to avoid traffic, my concerns were alleviated.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank 19243
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was my 4th trip to San Antonio in the month and the third Hyatt Brand hotel. I was intrigued when I was booked by it. It was close to work and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown SA. The rooms looked very big in the pictures.

I checked-in late and was given a handicapped room. At the beginning, I didn't mind. I was tired and I was staying there for 4 nights. I saw that the bathroom was configured for handicapped people. The next day I saw the bathroom was not clean and the room's carpet had some stains. The sofa had food crumbs and when I arrived at the room there was a dirty tray in there. I had to go downstairs to the restaurant to pick up the food because they didn't deliver. Some of the service personnel were rude.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Enjoyed our stay in this San Antonio Hyatt Place. The hotel was well maintained, I always saw staff cleaning the hotel. Front desk staff was extremely nice, we were always greeted as we came in and departed the hotel. The drive to the riverwalk was about 15 minutes and it was nice to "stay" a little bit away from the downtown and enjoy a peaceful nights sleep. Housekeeping did an excellent job. our room was clean and serviced very nicely during our stay. There is a fitness center that was nice and cool and I enjoyed it all to myself both mornings I used it. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family