I stayed here 3 nights while attending a meeting at the resort. It was a very nice place. I spent a couple of hours one afternoon by the pool. Very nice place for kids and adults. I really appreciated the poolside wait-staff.
There is an upscale shopping area just minutes from the resort. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to this area.
I can't give it a 5 star ratings because it didn't have quite the polish of a 5 star place. Specifically, when I asked the concierge about places to eat she handed me a brochure for the La Quintera mall area but didn't recommend specific restaurants. My room wasn't made up one day until 4:00pm, the bartenders at the bar were less than friendly. Minor details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio