Stayed here for a one night treat whilst visiting friends in Houston. When we first arrived at 3.15pm we were told that only one of our two rooms was ready but that we could all use that and we would be called when the second room became available. We trotted off to the room and found that we were on the first floor and had no view at all. All that could be seen was a grassy slope up to the path to the car park. Not very impressive for $300 a night, particularly when the two bottles of water on the hospitality tray were $1 each.
We got into our swimmers and went off to the pool. Not a bed to be had unfortunately and we had to make do with a table and rather uncomfortable metal chairs. The drinks attendants were very nice and after a couple of drinks and a dip in the very nice pool the chairs didn't seem quite so hard.
We were called to be told that our second room was now ready and we headed back to reception. This was where we struck lucky. Someone had let our second first floor room go so we were offered two new rooms on the 6th floor. Much, much better. Both rooms had lovely views of the surrounding countryside and lo and behold free bottles of water!
We ate dinner in Brannon's Cafe and had a very nice meal. The service was a little slow but our server, Andrew, was so lovely that it really wasn't a problem. We ate in Brannon's again for breakfast, and although the buffet was very nice $105 did seem a little excessive for just 4 people. We also were not told that we could have ordered fresh waffles from our server as part of the buffet, this info came to us as we finished eating and overheard the folk on the next table enquiring exactly what the buffet included. Would have been helpful to have been told this from the outset.
The complementary late check out was very welcome as this allowed us to have a lounge at the pool for a couple of hours before we had to get ready for the off. As we got to the pool at 10.30 we also managed to bag some beds too!
All in all a very nice stay, though I think we may have felt differently had we not been elevated from the dungeon level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio