All reviews market square basketball court a nice grocery store two bedroom suite front desk yogurt enjoyed the complimentary breakfast full kitchen the river walk free food and drinks hard boiled eggs every staff member small pool hot tub room door short drive great pool
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I liked the room design and comfort. I was pleasantly surprised that the room had a kitchenette. It also came with a separate living room with a TV. The hotel was well kept and clean. The breakfast was very good with plenty of options.

I didn't like the limited TV channel choices. I like to watch Bravo and Discovery. I do think that Freeform was included. I wasn't able to take advantage of the kitchenette because the HEB nearby has limited options and closes at 9PM or 10PM. That isn't the hotel's fault. The options in the hotel market are overpriced and too limited for my liking.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank amariah1980
Matthew O, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for this feedback and small notes. We have tried to expand our selections in our own Market recently, including more frozen foods and dinner type items for our travelers. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Good Residence Inn except we had HORRIBLE sheets on our bed. Old & nubby & not the least bit comfortable to sleep on. Suggest that this property tosses all old sheets. Breakfast was good, staff was nice & location is convenient for walking to lots of places.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We have taken your suggestion and gotten rid of a number of our older sheets. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I really appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Before i booked hotel i was told it was a 10 min walk to Riverwalk it takes us a good 30 minutes. Breakfast was not good not many choices. Hotel needs to be updated. Will not stay here again. The room had ceiling issues that need to be fix.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Denise W
Matthew O, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us! I am very sorry to hear it took you 30 minutes to walk to the Riverwalk. The main portion of the Riverwalk begins about 6 blocks away. I will be sure to make certain the front desk gives this measurement in distance, and not time going forward. I do understand everyone walks at a different pace. I apologize for that.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

When we checked in Jerry, the front desk manager, was not able to provide us with an upgraded room – but he really did better than that, he gave us Room 134, a very nice studio – in the separate building, with easy access right out of our door to the back parking lot, very useful as we had our dog with us.
Room 134, since it is at the end of hall is in a very quiet area, it has full kitchen – including a full size stove.
The staff at this Inn have done a good job making our staff comfortable, for example when we had a little toilet problem they offered us a move to another room – but even better got the maintenance man over to address the problem pretty soon after his 8:30 AM start time.
I would like to note that this Inn is within a 4-minute walk of a H.E.B. grocery – this is a wonderful store, especially if you plan to take dinner or lunch in your room (save the expense of eating out). The grocery has many prepared meals to choose from, and custom made pizza and most of the items you would find in a small to mid-size store (Walmart it is NOT). It has a top notice beer and wine selection. The meals we had were wonderful, and the servicing size was really Texas size.
Also, note that one of the Hop – On- Hop bus tour services (the big red double deck ones) stops in front of another Inn – a 2 minute walk from the Residence Inn – I mention this because we drove into town to get tour bus and paid $20.00 to park when we could have picked up at near the Inn and kept our car in the free parking lot. The tour bus will accept your payment when you get on at any stop.

2 constructive comments -- there is not a daily newspaper ( or at least a weekday one like the USA Today) I heard several guests ask for one. On the other hand they did have choc chip cookies most evenings and several very good evening socials -- including one with hambergers,

Room service tended to be a bit spotty, we had to ask for TP once and bar soap or shampoo a couple of times -- but the staff were certainly willing to provide it when we asked.

The high speed internet is very stable, nice touch for gold elite members.

Room tip: Room 134 is a very nice studio room, giving easy access to the back parking lot, and it is quiet.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank gfindlan
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Just completed a three week trip and had a very comfortable stay. The staff is wonderful and did a great job even under duress (major water pipe burst which flooded the elevator lobby.
Juanita is special... she took great care of my room and her daily notes were a bright spot in my long work days.
Great place to stay.